corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » engine degreasing

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine degreasing
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
24th Nov 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
If the engine's running there's less chance of water build up, less chance of it sitting in one place due to heat etc. It can't hurt to have it on anyway, might as well.

quote:
Originally posted by popey
when it is running it creates steam. not good for electrics.

cold is better and as said cover main elecs.

what he said tbh, even a hot engine isnt going to stop water build up just jet wash from a distanace

Fair enough if you get away with that but I'd rather not take the risk in jet washing my sensors and ignition stuff.

And I don't see how is steam worse for electronics than water popey? And why would a bottle of engine degreaser say to keep the engine running while doing it? Do you not think they'd have done a bit of research into whether the engine should be on or off?

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by alan-g-w]
sand-eel

24th Nov 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by John G
dont run the engine whilst doing it either

I'd say it's the opposite tbh. Like when you're fording deep water, you keep the revs up a bit. I usually turn on the engine as said while rinsing it.

what fording water got to do with washing the engine? The revs have to be kept up to stop water going in the exhaust
alan-g-w

24th Nov 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's not the best example but imagine you were to get a hose straight into your throttle body. If you were to pour a small amount of water in it, it's going to be more likely to cut out idling rather than sitting about 2k revs isn't it?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » engine degreasing 23 database queries in 0.0092099 seconds