corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tidied Up The Front End On The Ibiza

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tidied Up The Front End On The Ibiza
Mertin

User status: Offline
24th Nov 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been contemplating selling the FR lately, so thought id make a few small changes to it to re-kindle the love

Started off with a 3/4 sized front plate from fancyplates.com

Then got some HID's via a member on corsasport.co.uk who was selling them through HID shack. Went for a H7R kit, with 6k bulbs and slim ballasts
They arrived yesterday so I ventured out today when the snow/hail eased off and set about fitting them. Hardest part was the drivers side sidelight, replaced the sidelights with LED bulbs from ebay. Managed to squeeze the ballats and wiring into the headlight and get the cover back on it so all tucked away. Went out and bought a hole saw for the back cover before I read they could be mounted in the light

Anyway heres some (rubbish) pics I got tonight of the new look front end. Might get some brighter / wighter bulbs for the main beam as it looks really yellow and dull against the HID's although I dont want to go taking out the ballasts again. May leave it a while, as no-one sees full beam anyway

Nippy fingers

Out and About

AndyCorsaSport

24th Nov 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dis will failz your EM OH TEE coz they iz not projectorz

On a plus note, looks smart, like the plate. Lights look very "blue" guess thats just the pics, cause mine always looked more blue on pics.
Mertin

24th Nov 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il get a spanking for the plate too probably, il cross that hurdle when I come to it Might wangle it through an MOT with a garage I use all the time

Aye they look pretty blue in the night pictures, aren't the best of quality pics anyway
3i_gaz

25th Nov 10 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plate looks mega mate!!!

any pics on how you've mounted em inside the lamps as i need to fit mine all in properley as they've been chucked in for now
Mertin

25th Nov 10 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry no pics. Just did a bit of fiddling around and put the ballast in first and worked the wires around it. Took care not to push or force the bulb or adjuster then popped the cover back on. Job done! Suppose you could say i just chucked them in too. Aint going nowhere though
3i_gaz

25th Nov 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good to me al get mine hidden in there too out the way. just noticed in your sig too your power figures. you not disapointed with such a low torque figure?

mines just been on the rollers and pulled 173 bhp and 316 ft/lb torque with a remap, K&N panel and the cat smashed out pikey style.
Mertin

25th Nov 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a revo map iv got on it and book torque for them is supposed to be 270 so not far off. Didnt want to go over 300lb ft as still on standard clutch and wanted it to last. If im going stage 2 then il get an uprated clutch so theres nothing holding me back. Near £900 for the uprated clutch and replacing flywheel at same time too and fitting

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tidied Up The Front End On The Ibiza 23 database queries in 0.0128481 seconds