corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mk4 astra gsi rims on a 4 stud

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mk4 astra gsi rims on a 4 stud
LeeM

User status: Offline
30th Nov 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any adapters available? i can only find 4x100 - 5x130 and i need 5x110 dont i? also what size will i need to not mess up my offset too much? i dont know the offset of either the gsi rims or my own so any help would be appreciated.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably be easier to have them filled and redrilled
scottyp1989

30th Nov 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get them but think the minimum you can get is 15mm? and the astra offset is already around ET40 ish.

or just go 5 stud conversion

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by scottyp1989]
marklawton

30th Nov 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be easyier for you to change ya hubs etc to a corsa c 1.7 cdti as there 5 stud

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by marklawton]
LeeM

30th Nov 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robin, whats filling and redrilling about? will it not weaken the wheels? i would prefer if they stayed 5 stud they'd probably look weird in 4 stud.
it wont be easier to change the car to 5 stud because ill have to find an sri rear disk beam and hubs and then change them, which i cant really be bothered to do and it will cost a lot more. i have considered it and it is a last resort if i cant get spacers though.
if i put 15mm on a 40 offset wheel will that make it 55 offset yeah? what are sri rims as standard?
scottyp1989

30th Nov 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no will make it 25 offset
MarkSport

30th Nov 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find a 1.8 sport in a scrap yard and have the hubs off it.
LeeM

30th Nov 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
no will make it 25 offset

I thought that actually, I'm sure Sri 16's are a low offset? I've found a set of gsi's for 180 in need of tyres so need to find spacers so I can buy them!
AshWatson

1st Dec 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM ive just purchased a corsa c SRi CDTi 1.7 (the silver one on the home page with the adrian flux burds against it at pvs), and its 5 stud but mine has drums on the rear so maybe just get front hubs from one, get ya discs drilled, n get some 5 stud cdti sri rear drums like mine ?
just ordered a rear wheel bearing for mine through work as i work at a dealership n parts guy said its the same bearing 4 to 5 stud so a 5 stud drum would slot straight onto ur axle if im correct hope this helps
stu_c

1st Dec 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AshWatson
LeeM ive just purchased a corsa c SRi CDTi 1.7 (the silver one on the home page with the adrian flux burds against it at pvs), and its 5 stud but mine has drums on the rear so maybe just get front hubs from one, get ya discs drilled, n get some 5 stud cdti sri rear drums like mine ?
just ordered a rear wheel bearing for mine through work as i work at a dealership n parts guy said its the same bearing 4 to 5 stud so a 5 stud drum would slot straight onto ur axle if im correct hope this helps

look after that car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mk4 astra gsi rims on a 4 stud 23 database queries in 0.0065539 seconds