corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help sump

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help sump
scottyp91

User status: Offline
29th Nov 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as my car is lowered i caught the sump plug on a man hole cover sticking up from the road and riped the sump plug completely out striping the thread. i was just wondering is it easy enough to fit a new sump on my corsa sport 1.4 1999 i have noticed i need a female torx bit any1 know the size of this is i dont have them in my socket set and dont have the funds to go buy a full set of female torx sockets cheers in advance
alan-g-w

29th Nov 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I'm guessing you won't need to empty the sump since there's a big hole in it so you might not need this torx bit.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a case of exhaust manifold off from the head/ take it right off it you want, drop it down a bit, undo the sump, take the sump off then the opposite of that to re fit obviously getting a new gasket and some sort of sealant.

Where are you getting the new sump?
scottyp91

29th Nov 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The female torx bit is for the bolts conecting sump to engine also sump connects to the side of the engine ie think its fly wheel casing so wasn't sure because it isn't like a usual 1 litre sump
alan-g-w

29th Nov 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right sorry, I thought you were talking about the plug when you said about the torx bit.
Brederin

30th Nov 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should be able to undo the torx bits with a normal socket, as I have done so myself the past few days and my X12XE also bolts into something else on the passenger side. You might need to undo your Exhaust Manifold to get clearance in order to free the sump and replace it, you may also need to use a mallet to free it if is still the standard sump, hope this helps as I didn't find much on the subject and am doing mine later.
alan-g-w

30th Nov 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was to give one bit of advice it'd be not to use a normal socket on a torx bolt.
scottyp91

30th Nov 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice 1 mate I knew I would have to take the exhaust off I've found sumat that says that you have to undo the bolts to the gear box 1st hope that helps you to
shauny bizzle

30th Nov 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T10 are the sump bolts and its like 2/3 15mm or 16mm bolts from sump to bellhousing but as said drop exhaust / manifold also id use a double hex 8mm if u not got torx

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by shauny bizzle]
scottyp91

3rd Dec 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what cars will i be able to get a sump that fits my corsa b 1.4 sport 1999 cheers
scottyp91

3rd Dec 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody help cheers

New Poll