corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 16v SRi...OIL FILTER? Help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 16v SRi...OIL FILTER? Help!!
Bonus

User status: Offline
9th Jun 03 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to change my oil filter as one of the few jobs i was doing on my car at the weekend. Got a new oil filter from halfords before hand, then when i went to fit it sat, the new one didnt fit. Called halfords to check i had been given the right one in store, and the part number checked out ok.

Couldnt get a lift back to halfords 2day so just went down to the local parts place and picked up another filter. Same problem, it too does not fit!??

Both the new filters are a little longer and seem to have a tiny bit smaller hole then the old one. I tried screwing old one back on to check its not just me, and that goes on fine.

Anyone else had problems buying filters for a 1.4 16v sri??? Really dont know what to do now. Its a 95 sri, are there different versions of the engines out there or what?!

Someone please help?!

Cheers!
Black Corsa SRi

9th Jun 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the prob when buying a part for my SRi 16v (95m) that a lot of places claim that you cant get a 16v Sri, and try to give u parts for the 8v, vauxhall themselves even did this and it took me 3 attempts and an argument to get the right part! Could that be the prob?

[Edited on 09-06-2003 by Black Corsa SRi]
Bonus

9th Jun 03 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it might be. Its a pain in the arse. Esp now the fact my cars off the road and i cant get back to places!
Rich-

9th Jun 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always put the old filter back on, to get you back down to the shop...

Rich
ainsley_brader

9th Jun 03 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just get a filter for a 96 1.4 16v sport and try it !!
Black Corsa SRi

9th Jun 03 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if he used a filter tool or the old screw driver through the case method! LOL
Black Corsa SRi

9th Jun 03 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
or just get a filter for a 96 1.4 16v sport and try it !!

Exactly should work engine is exactly the same!!!

New Poll