corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Heater

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heater
valvebounce

User status: Offline
   6th Dec 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,still struggling with my 1994 Corsa B heater.Good flow thro matrix,stat ok,water level stays constant,car runs sweet,but no heat from heater.Checked heater temparature knob on the dash,it is connected to the right angled lever near the matrix,this moves thro' the full 90%.
On looking at a new matrix I cant find a valve that opens and closes the hot water flow,is there one in the system somewhere?
My heater blower works fine on all speeds,the rear screen heater works ok [Heated glass]
One of the guys on here said he kept the engine running for half an hour with the blower on full and it cured the same problem,how does that relate?If there is no heater/hot water valve,is it controlled electrically?
I couldn't see past the right angled lever on the matrix,is it possible the connection after the lever has slipped,and isnt opening a flap letting the hot air thro?
Any answers will be gratefully recieved:
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Dec 10 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the matrix itself getting hot? Could be an airlock. How did you measure the flow through it? Pipes on the bulkhead?
valvebounce

6th Dec 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took the pipe off the matrix nearest the offside,water flowed out and emptied the tank.
valvebounce

6th Dec 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took the pipe off the matrix nearest the offside,water flowed out and emptied the tank.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Dec 10 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inlet or outlet to the matrix?

Shouldn't airlock because I think the pipes are on the top but those would be my thoughts if you've tried everything else and it's still cold.

I don't think there's a stop valve, matrix is always hot I think
valvebounce

6th Dec 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the conclusion I ended up with Ian,that the matrix stays hot,so therefore with no valve it must be controlled by a flap,worked from the heat control knob on the dash.Looks like I will have to check if the flap is jammed or broken.As a temporary job it might be possible to jam it open on Hot.
Thanks for your prompt replies.
Kind regards

New Poll