corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone good with 'Speakers' etc??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone good with 'Speakers' etc??
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
   3rd Dec 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well

When we did our bathroom i had the idea of putting 2 speakers up in the ceiling and running the wires into our spare room. A while ago i attempted to connect the wires into a sterio but fuck all happend

All i have is the normal 2 wires off each speaker and put them into the + and - on the back of the sterio..am i missing something here
CORSA NUT

9th Dec 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone??
John

9th Dec 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's all you have to do, nothing else to it.

Have you tested the stereo and speakers with something else?

What kind of speakers are they, you get different impedance which could cause a problem.
oceansoul

9th Dec 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a normal home audio stereo amp, they impedence of the speakers should be 8ohm. Other than that they should work. Link to the speakers at all??
Dom

9th Dec 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
If its a normal home audio stereo amp, they impedence of the speakers should be 8ohm. Other than that they should work. Link to the speakers at all??

Impedance varies a lot with HiFi speakers, usually it's between 6-8ohms but it's pretty common to see 4/5 and lower (electric statics can be 1/2ohms). A half decent amp will handle 6-8ohm without any issues, but I’d pull the manual on it and double check the figures. Likewise with the speakers.

Did you test them before you fitted them? Are they IP65 speakers?

I would stick a DVM across the connections and see if you get any resistance, as it could simply be a loose connection. But if they weren't IP65 rated then I’d suspect they've been damaged from moisture, especially if they were paper coned. Might be worth taking them out and testing them on a bench though.

If you do end up replacing them, get IP65 rated speakers. Brother got a handful of them throughout his kitchen and bathroom (pair directly over the shower/bath) from CPC for ~£10 quid each and he's never had issues. Although he runs them from a bridged pair (mono-block per channel) of Rotel power-amps, bit OTT but works well.
CORSA NUT

9th Dec 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooo good shout lads...pretty sure they were proper IP rated but the cowboys that did our bathroom could have fitted any old thing will take em down and check..

Thanks again

New Poll