corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B 1.7 D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.7 D
MarkSport

User status: Offline
10th Dec 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these any good?

I've been offered one for a bargain price and tempted to get it.Just had new brakes all round and alternator, Its a T red In flame red which is lowered 60mm and got calibra heated leather In.

The only bad thingg i suppose is the mileage (145k) But i know diesels go on for a long time, I only would need it as a run around untill march when I get my new car.
scottyp1989

10th Dec 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you only need it as a run around and its cheap enough, why not. will be cheap to run anyway
MarkSport

10th Dec 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah true. I would be taking the leather out and the lowered suspension off (getting old i think)

AlexW

10th Dec 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dogshite slow. Izuzu engines go for ever though.
Scotty C

10th Dec 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's the izuzu engine then they're bomb proof. Bloke I know had a 1.7td izuzu cav with 320k on it

AlexW

10th Dec 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, the TD's are epic, They love 20psi boost, even after doing 200k.
scottyp1989

10th Dec 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
Yeah true. I would be taking the leather out and the lowered suspension off (getting old i think)

why take leather out? if its heated may aswell keep it in while its cold them remove when you sell and put standard in.
MarkSport

10th Dec 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true i suppose
Root

10th Dec 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate I've got a 150k petrol corsa. I've ragged it up to the rev limiter at times (by accident, it doesn't have a rev limiter display), I've had it to 95mph thus far and drove a good 1k miles since buying..it's not cosmetically appealing but mechanically...no EML's, nothing. Don't judge it on the miles...you don't have to if it's diesel too, they go on for donkeys years. I work with a guy who knows someone, a woman brought a van into this mans shop to trade it in, she was 1 owner from new and had done over 1million miles. Obviously I can't entirely vouch, I've not seen it myself, but apparently, 1million miles on the same basic block. Diesels are just epic.

Back on to subject...don't even worry about the milage mate, my petrol has done more miles than your diesel and my petrol is running smooth. Still pulls like a C16SE that's done 50k

If it's just a run about and you don't care for it much, don't worry about the miles, do the basic checks when you buy, check the clutch, mayo, rust on chassis. It'll last you until march

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by Root]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B 1.7 D 23 database queries in 0.0114892 seconds