corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need a bit of help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need a bit of help
McWillster

User status: Offline
16th Dec 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed the front brake pads on my car last weekend and what an absolute nightmare it was. Seems as though the previous owner(s) have never heard of grease. Everything was seized solid, so after many hours of heating and hammering got everything free'd off to lube it all up and put back together with new pads.

Unfortunatly being the dumbass that i am i managed to loose an intergral part of the brakes. It was the lower caliper guide pin that allows the caliper to slide as the pads start to wear.

I've managed to nock up a pin/bolt assembly to keep me going for now but it's obviously not ideal!
Thing is when searching on the net i can't find any kind of kit to replace.

Everything i do come across seems to be for way older models.

The car in question is a 1997 Honda Civic 1.5L 5 door MB model.
If you could source said item it would be much apprieciated!

Cheers.

[Edited on 16-12-2010 by McWillster]
Ryan_G1

16th Dec 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to the Honda dealer. It will be a couple of quid tops
McWillster

16th Dec 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only dealer near me is a Town and County dealership. Will they supply parts? Can imagen there will be a waiting time as they will have to order bits aswell no?
AshWatson

16th Dec 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just try general motor factors who supply ur local garages with parts, moto quip, euro parts and unipart etc not sure what companys you have up your way compared to me

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need a bit of help 23 database queries in 0.1640451 seconds