corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Project: SKATE - Support us!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project: SKATE - Support us!
evna

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Project: SKATE is the proposal being put forward to the Dudley metropolitan borough for an indoor skate park, servicing the tri-borough area of extreme sports fans.

In principal, over the last couple of years a number of outdoor, free skate parks have cropped up that are all useless unless the park is dry, sunny and has security due to loitering kids who have no interest in any aggressive sport.

After speaking with the head of leisure for the area, a meeting in January has been set-up to discuss our options for a future build utilising private and lottery funding.

I know this probably has no interest to anyone on Corsasport, but growing up skating myself I'm sick of kids being either bullied out of skate spots by idiots who have nothing better to do, or going to parks that literally teach you nothing.

If you can muster up the strength to click on the facebook group below, it would mean a lot..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_153916444655556

We have the local papers on board, along with a couple of private investors too. Please, help me and the others involved make this a reality by just showing your support.

Cheers,

Ev
MarkSport

22nd Dec 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joined . we need a good indoor park in the midlands apart from creation skatepark!

Tamworth (where im from) had a brand new one outdoor last january at the cost of £130k which took 10 years to raise

great park though!

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by MarkSport]
scottyp1989

22nd Dec 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happend to the one under the multey storey in stourbridge?

i havent been any where near a board or a bike for years now but still think about it and would love to get back into it,
MarkSport

22nd Dec 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't skated properly since the age of 16 but I had a go last year and could still do all the tricks
MarkSport

22nd Dec 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.facebook.com/james.sears/posts/149048385146879?notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/group.php?gid=45286384563

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Project: SKATE - Support us! 23 database queries in 0.0088971 seconds