corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cleaned and lowered the £150 corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cleaned and lowered the £150 corsa
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jan 11 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound, I'm starting to have doubts about getting mine sorted in time after realising how much the trailer I'm getting is likely to cost along with all that needs spending on the car. I'm sure it started out as a virtually free track car
Jenko_Sport

6th Jan 11 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you got to pay out for on the car?
Though you had most of the bits off your old shell?
Anty
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 00:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have, need an exhaust manifold and downpipe, my old exhaust mating upto that and a centre box putting in to keep the noise down, post 97 front bumper, polycarbs and tyres, the main problems being the tyres are looking like at least £400 and it needs respraying which Ian's mate is sorting cheap once we've prepped it but even at cheap, it's gonna cost a bit. I did start thinking earlier on about leaving the paint for now which should make things easier and enable me to get to Combe but it could also mean having to do somethings more than once in the long run
Jenko_Sport

6th Jan 11 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2u me on what your paying for respray, may be able help you with that or actually u2u me your number if you want.
Or we can discuss on sunday at the meet as ill now be going
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jan 11 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'll swap the bumper for something else, welding is free, other bits you can fund by selling the massive array of parts we seem to have amassed over the last few weeks.

Thread hijack
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could also leave the windows and tyres until you can afford them Mike - it'll run perfectly well (albeit slower) on standard road tyres and with glass!
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jan 11 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jenko, no price as yet but we know the guy fairly well and he's doing mates rates. Obviously it can always be done cheaper
Mike
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
You could also leave the windows and tyres until you can afford them Mike - it'll run perfectly well (albeit slower) on standard road tyres and with glass!

Ah, forgot about that bit actually, still got the comps upstairs, they'll be right as long as the one i smashed isn't bent. Front glass isn't much of an option anymore unless we come up with something

Actually could even opt for the respray rather than the tyres for now, the Eagles have still got a bit left in 'em

Major thread hijack, sorry mate

[Edited on 06-01-2011 by Mike B]
Jenko_Sport

6th Jan 11 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Jenko, no price as yet but we know the guy fairly well and he's doing mates rates. Obviously it can always be done cheaper

Mate who i live with sprays thats all.

Also mike, stick any wheels on for now seen as you need to get back into the flow again and used to a corsa
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jan 11 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could mount the glass, just needs brackets fabricating.

Paint is the major problem because that needs doing before the build can progress. I would guess you'll more than cover it flogging bits.
Phillips_91

6th Jan 11 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Yeah I have, need an exhaust manifold and downpipe, my old exhaust mating upto that and a centre box putting in to keep the noise down, post 97 front bumper, polycarbs and tyres, the main problems being the tyres are looking like at least £400 and it needs respraying which Ian's mate is sorting cheap once we've prepped it but even at cheap, it's gonna cost a bit. I did start thinking earlier on about leaving the paint for now which should make things easier and enable me to get to Combe but it could also mean having to do somethings more than once in the long run

Just realised after our chat earlier mike, i've still got my standard mani and downpipe sat in my back garden, got a bit of surface rust on as its been outside, but will atleast sort you out till you can get ya 4 branch

Edit: if you want it i'll bring it on sunday

[Edited on 06-01-2011 by Phillips_91]
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jan 11 at 00:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THIS
Mike
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All over that like cum on a slags face
taylorboosh

6th Jan 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a cheap corsa or nova
Phillips_91

6th Jan 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
All over that like cum on a slags face

would that be you would like me to bring it
Mike
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you wouldn't mind, it would be very much appreciated
Phillips_91

6th Jan 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you wouldn't mind, it would be very much appreciated

Not a problem i will go and make sure my nana and grandad dont get rid of it, they have a habit of binning things just as a sell something to someone!
Mike
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be able to run it once that's sorted too, I've had it a month and half and haven't had it running yet
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So will that be my job Mike? Fit the manifold?
Phillips_91

6th Jan 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao, this means me and tom pretty much just swapped manifolds

i'll leave the lambda sensor in it for you aswell, i got a spare one when tom sent me the manifold, and i can pick them up for next to nothing at work
Mike
Premium Member

6th Jan 11 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah laffin, I hadn't got round to checking if there was a lambda on it, obviously there isn't

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cleaned and lowered the £150 corsa 23 database queries in 0.4008501 seconds