corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP HELP HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP HELP HELP
Ollie-Smith

User status: Offline
7th Jan 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting really frustrated trying to sort out redtop idling problem. once started the revs climb to 2500 sometimes more and take ages to come back down to normal, then sometimes the revs go that low it almost stalls. When warmed up its generally fine, sometimes the revs stick when going through the gears and when in neutral revs as it should.

have put a new coolant temp sensor on, a new idle control valve, new silicone hoses, new dizzy cap & rotor arm, plugs, leads, oil & filter, air filter.

running out of ideas so any help much appreciated,

could it be the air mass meter? crankshaft sensor? throttle body?

?????????????
davieslim

7th Jan 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines did the same thing when it was fitted and my mates van still does the same thing and its the idle control valve, when you say you fitted a new one was it new new?
Ollie-Smith

7th Jan 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes its brand new, fresh out the packet! any ideas?
davieslim

7th Jan 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i done with mines was try another off a car that i knew ran perfectly and sure enough it sorted mine out, its does sound like its icv, but cant see a new one being faulty, you get a warranty on it?
Ollie-Smith

7th Jan 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive found out via google that it could be the throttle body, inlet manifold gasket, or air leaking from somewhere. goin to be a nightmare solving it i think lol
Paulo 16v

7th Jan 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try spraying some carb cleaner over the inlet pipes,manifold etc if its an air leak the rpm will raise.

Paul
Ant

8th Jan 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paulo 16v
Try spraying some carb cleaner over the inlet pipes,manifold etc if its an air leak the rpm will raise.

Paul

Deffo worth a try
Ollie-Smith

8th Jan 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, will give that a go to. Just bought a new gasflowed throttle body and a new power cap so as soon as they arrive i will put them on to! cross fingers will get this sorted lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP HELP HELP 24 database queries in 0.0090232 seconds