corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about tinted red rear lights.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question about tinted red rear lights.
SeanXE

User status: Offline
9th Jan 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking about buying some tinted rear lights (red)

From what i've seen the indicators, and reverse light show red too. If i were to buy the right coloured bulbs would they still shine red because of the tinting spray on the lights?
FAZ
Premium Member

9th Jan 11 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reverse arent legal requirement so are negligible

buy orange bulbs though should be fine

also ensuring the reflecor is fully visible to

but both would still have a red /pink tint to them, paticulalry the reverse lights

[Edited on 09-01-2011 by FAZ]
Rich H

9th Jan 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I think I remember reading on here, green bulbs in the indicators make them orange again.

Reverse as said isn't a legal requirement so not a biggy. Would imagine LED bulbs in those may help.
Corsa_Sport21

9th Jan 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i dont think different coloured bulbs work.Also it depends how thick the tint spray has been applied.
Jake

9th Jan 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
From what I think I remember reading on here, green bulbs in the indicators make them orange again.

Reverse as said isn't a legal requirement so not a biggy. Would imagine LED bulbs in those may help.

problem with green bulbs is they tend not to be very bright and with leds you need resistors aswell

a mate has red tinteds on his corrado and even with leds they look like flashing brake lights. its only at night they marginally look orange

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about tinted red rear lights. 23 database queries in 0.0124540 seconds