corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Job Interviews

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Job Interviews
emicen

User status: Offline
13th Jan 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it always:
- don't want the job or don't care, on fire and leave feeling amazing
- want the job a lot, leave feeling like crap about how you did

Argh! Doing my head in. More you think about it, more you get in your head, worse you think you've done as well. Tell me other people find this too?!
Aaron

14th Jan 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it helps, when i had the interview for my current job...i thought i'd totally fucked up and done shite. Turns out that the people interviewing me (who interview as one of the main parts of their job...and i work for a company of 3000+ people) said i was one of the best they'd ever seen (in terms of interview skill and preperation)

[Edited on 14-01-2011 by Aaron]
lisac

14th Jan 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always the way - the more you want it the more your nerves play havoc. Just be really prepared.

I went for a job that was ot of leage never thought in a million years i'd get it but its position i wanted in the future. Came out thought i did rubbish within 10 mins, got a call offering the job but as a trainee for the position, within 2 months lost the trainee title.

Go for a few jobs even if its not what you really want, get the interview technique behind you. go in with a list of questions, your strengths and weaknesses written down. Always good incase you go blank.

I have to interview on a regular basis, and you can tell the people that have not even bothered looking into what the company does etc, research the company, looking at their website etc, and always sell yourself you need the interviewer to know why they should choose you above everyone else. First impressions do count, alot of interviews are make or break within the first 5 minutes.

The right job will turn up, and if its meant to be, it will be.

New Poll