corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.3cdti misfire

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.3cdti misfire
myatt

User status: Offline
17th Jan 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the combo van i went to look at today had a very slight misfire whhen cold for about 2-3 minutes if that.

when warm there was no problem, i drove it and it wasnt down on power didnt rattle etc... any thoughts on

what this could. the body work is mint and interior too. would it be worth it at the right money?

it done 59,000 miles
07 reg
lots of history

£2,500

what are your thoughts
Scotty C

17th Jan 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knock sensor possibly?
AlexW

17th Jan 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EML not on? Suggesting stuff is prob a bad idea as we could be here until 2030 guessing.
myatt

17th Jan 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing showed up on a diagnostic no faults etc

was thinking maybe glow plugs or particially block injector?

its also recently been serviced
Rob E

17th Jan 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Injectors are common on these, I replaced a fair few in my time at Vauxhall. Ideally you need to perfrom an injector leak off test to confirm this. On the other hand its not new for the glow plugs to need to be replaced. They are easy to test as you just need to unscrew them from the head and connect them to a 12V source. If you have one that doesnt near instantly glow red - theres your problem!

Injectors are also a couple of hundred quid from Vauxhall and you also need to use TECH2 or something similar to reprogram them. Each one has a uniqe 12 digit number which must be matched up to the ECU.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.3cdti misfire 23 database queries in 0.0087411 seconds