corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PayPal for Business

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PayPal for Business
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
20th Jan 11 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run a little online business and sell digital products for an online game, I've been doing this for 18 months now and have been using PayPal to sell them. Many customers change the quantity and buy several in one transaction simply to give to their friends or sell for in-game currency.

Over the last few days I've received several big payments which I now know are actually from stolen PayPal accounts. It seems one person has a list of stolen PayPal's and have simply spent thousands overnight buying these items. Obviously the real owner reported this and all the money got claimed back (along with fees) meaning my account went into negative. It's been like that for a few days but have continued receiving payments meaning the account balance has been improving and would have been out of the red in a few days...

I then noticed that my account became limited. I phoned them and they said it's routine to check my products and so on, didn't panic all that much as I could still receive payments fine. I complied to their requests and e-mailed them all the information... Now at 1am I get an appeal saying my account has been frozen and is un-appeal-able which means I cannot accept payments either. I'm now at a big negative figure with 38 open claims and my account has been frozen so I can't do anything to resolve this.

I've sent them another e-mail trying to explain but everything is automated, it's impossible to speak to someone and when you do it's some Indian on a 0870 number that just reads from a script. I'm so stressed that I could literally scream...

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Does anyone know what I can do? The account is a business account and I've been with them for several years, selling the same product for 18 months, from the fees they charge per transaction (38p for a £4.50 product) I've made them several thousand pound over the year and it's seriously gutting to have this happen but literally I have no idea where to go from here. I have to pay a lot of outgoings to keep everything running, hosting, dedicated server, DDoS protection, etc... and I cannot even pay them whilst my account is limited.

I literally have no idea what to do about it. Anyone with experience on the matter?
am4nf

20th Jan 11 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Close account, make new one
xa0s
Banned

20th Jan 11 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't close account and to make a business account you need to verify everything, would mean new address, new bank details, etc...
Kippers

20th Jan 11 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate paypal.... screwed me over.

Soon as i can use my account again im closing it!
Sam
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Close PayPal, open up a merchant account with SagePay or someone like that instead.
Russ

20th Jan 11 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Close PayPal, open up a merchant account with SagePay or someone like that instead.
chr15barn3s

20th Jan 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes get rid of paypal. They make the rules to suit them and can do what ever they like with your money and then hide behind their T&C's!
xa0s
Banned

20th Jan 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just phoned in and apparently I'm deemed a high risk so I'm no longer allowed to use PayPal, this is after nearly a year and a half of selling products through them making them in over £7,000 in fees alone. What absolute cunts... Apparently I have a linked account that was banned due to a negative balance but they can't tell me any other details. I've never had a PayPal account before, there's clearly something wrong but they refuse to look into it.

I need suggestions on another way to accept payments, I'd like to use Google Checkout but it requires SSL and is a bitch to setup apparently.
adiohead

20th Jan 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paypal suck dick. They declined my company because we don't have a website.

Paypal's policy says "No need for a website"

Fucking dick cunts
Russ

20th Jan 11 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
I just phoned in and apparently I'm deemed a high risk so I'm no longer allowed to use PayPal, this is after nearly a year and a half of selling products through them making them in over £7,000 in fees alone. What absolute cunts... Apparently I have a linked account that was banned due to a negative balance but they can't tell me any other details. I've never had a PayPal account before, there's clearly something wrong but they refuse to look into it.

I need suggestions on another way to accept payments, I'd like to use Google Checkout but it requires SSL and is a bitch to setup apparently.
sage, nochex
chrisritch

20th Jan 11 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SagePay FTW
jamied

20th Jan 11 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is terrible they can do this. I sold a phone once to Iceland special delivery same day I posted it the guy claimed, Froze the money for about 2weeks while could prove he had received it. Lucky to get it back.

Am just about to set up an ebay shop and these things you read, really put me off doing it
Dan
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What puts you off jamie?

Ive been trading via ebay using paypal for over a year now, with alot of sales, and alot o money going through them.

I have never had a single problem. So long as you do everything they ask, you wont have a problem. Check your items are ok in their terms, as this is where alot of people get stuck.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Dan
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, Xa0s,

Do you sell via a website or somewhere you dont need to use paypal?

Things like moneybookers/sagepay etc are brilliant for this.

I use moneybookers on my site, and its alot cheaper

adiohead

20th Jan 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To use Sagepay you need a merchant account with a bank. HSBC charge crazy amounts for this service, and then you have the £20pm sagepay fee on top too.

Dan
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fees are nothing if your turning over a good amount though.

xa0s
Banned

20th Jan 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a business bank account which SagePay requires, I'll try and set one up but never done it before and don't really know much about it. Apparently it takes 2-3 weeks typically too.

SagePay sounds good but I can already tell it's going to be a nightmare to setup...

Any other suggestions?

Does anyone have a business bank account with SagePay and fancy earning a percentage?

[Edited on 20-01-2011 by xa0s]
adiohead

20th Jan 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
The fees are nothing if your turning over a good amount though.

For my company it's about £250 per year + £20pm (£490) We only deal with one company that uses a credit card and they don't spend enough to justify that amount, even if we just used the HSBC service and not sagepay.

That's why I wanted to use Paypal, to save on the HSBC costs. But they suck dick.
jrsteeve

20th Jan 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been screwed by Paypal too, also have a business account. I rarely take CC payments so having a merchant account doesn't suit me but sounds like you need to sort out a business account with your current bank if possible, should make it a bit easier.
Dom

20th Jan 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s

Don't need a SSL cert. if you're using their API or purchase buttons. And the api is a piece of piss, more so if you use their own php library

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PayPal for Business 24 database queries in 0.3017890 seconds