corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is my powerbox FU****? Video Added :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is my powerbox FU****? Video Added :)
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
20th Jan 11 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not got a clue what's fucked, is it one of the manifold studs or is those bosses that are loose? Do you not know where the air leak is?
Ryan_G1

20th Jan 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah anywhere that sells plumbing stuff. Sounds like that is definetly your problem. Hurry up and go get some so we know if it fixes it

Also remeber when applying PTFE always apply it the opposite way from the treads so that the tape tightens when your screwing your servo pipe back in.
Ryan_G1

20th Jan 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I've not got a clue what's fucked, is it one of the manifold studs or is those bosses that are loose? Do you not know where the air leak is?

It appers to be the boss's that are drawing air by the sounds of it
alan-g-w

20th Jan 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound, how is thread tape going to help though? Or are they not welded in bosses actually?
3CorsaMeal

20th Jan 11 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought he was talking about a thread doodar into a threaded hole
Aerox-lad

20th Jan 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the threads inside the box that are completely F'D!!! noticed that the bos that connects to the vacuum going to the MAF wasnt screwed in all the way too thankfully the thread on this is ok. could i go anywhere to see if they could help me with my manifold?
alan-g-w

20th Jan 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the holes welded up, then re-drill and tap them.
Aerox-lad

20th Jan 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one pal know anywhere that could do that?
alan-g-w

20th Jan 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not in Wiltshire! But go into the yellow pages and look for metal welders/ fabriators. Might even be able to do it while still on the car.

I'm still not 100% sure what the problem is though - I take it the two holes in the video that had the vacuum and another one are just drilled and tapped holes? Because thinking about it, it could be that the threads on the vacuum hose and the other fitting might be fucked, not the powerbox.
Aerox-lad

20th Jan 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate its definately the powerbox. i took out the brake servo and the thread is pretty much perfect. for an idea on how fucked it is inside... i can literally push the brake servo pipe straight into the inlet
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd buy a new power box

that one looks fucked
gazza808

20th Jan 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm if you check some fittings like that, they have say 5mm of thread then the last 2-3mm is clearance,
I reckon cause the power box is thin material,
Hence why it won't tighten up, because it's just spinning on the plain bit, may be wrong but I'd check.

[Edited on 20-01-2011 by gazza808]
spankyjames

20th Jan 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They always say buy cheap, buy twice, I'll get a welder from my house and weld them up for you, and as he has already said the alternator bolt is atleast an inch maybe even more away from the box so it defaintly isn't touching
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aerox-lad
nice one pal know anywhere that could do that?

I'd try Hussey and Greenhow, they are just round the corner from Norris on Bowerhill. If not I'm sure they might be able to help.

But TBH, I would remove it, and get some say J,B Weld which is like a chemical metal, and stick the bits on and leave it to go off over night. My throttle cable runs round the front, also check that you Idle air control valve is plugged in properly.
Corsa_Sport21

20th Jan 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to your local pound shop and get a tube of that liquid metal stuff.It works wonders and i bet it would sort that.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is my powerbox FU****? Video Added :) 23 database queries in 0.2507849 seconds