corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTC Desire now Rooted but killed SD CARD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTC Desire now Rooted but killed SD CARD
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jan 11 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update - Well managed to roote the phone using unrevoked and clockwordmod.

I used LeeRoids 2.3d rom and it all flashed ok and everything working. Then read if i wanted to use App2SD need to partition the SD card.

So flashed standard rom back from that i had created before loading LeeRoids on.

I had partion magic on my laptop so formatted to FAT32 (2.7gb) (primary) and then Ext3 (1gb) and then re ran and reflashed the LeeRoid rom. Issues started - was stuck at HTC Bootscreen and unresponsive.

Dropped the battery out and re flashed the backup of the standard rom and it booted ok but now it doesnt reconise the SD card (no option to select as a disk drive) and then when reinstalling HTC Sync it cannot find it so i have no contacts on my phone etc.

Can i recover the SD card? I do have EXT3 drivers on my laptop so if it was an issue here i would be able to pick it up there if windows couldnt find it.

Or do i cut my losses and buy another and try again, need to sort something quickly as i have no contacts on my phone etc

Original Post
Well having owned my desire since april it seems to be getting very slow and bogged down and constantly out of space stopping me up date anything so time to root to get all my apps onto the SD card.

Now after googling i think im pretty clear on how to root etc - if someboy could point me to a guide they would consider clear that would be great to double check im am ok on this side.

The bit i am having issue is the choice of ROMS which there seems to be an awful lot. Now my desire is unbranded and my only real issue is the lack on internal space so can somebody point me in the direction of which ROM they would consider best in the sense that i am after something pretty similar to the standard ROM - it has has to be stable and reliable (not after the latest beta etc).

I looked on XDA forums and there has to be at least 10/15 different ones on the first page so am a little lost as not sure on the benefits of each.

[Edited on 21-01-2011 by Toby]

[Edited on 21-01-2011 by Toby]
John

19th Jan 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use leedroid, one of the best I've used.

I normally find that there's just bits and pieces that don't work correctly but leedroid seems really stable.
Toby
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers john. will start there. have you heard anything about the Unrevoked ROM?
Toby
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well trying to follow this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=788044

Does this have the app2sd that i am looking for? if so great but stuck on part one, i do not have the option when in bootloading screen to HBOOT USB
dannymccann

20th Jan 11 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assume you've got it attached to computer, hboot usb only comes on then
Toby
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah attached to a PC, i think the problem is that i fucked up a driver somewhere before christmas as i cannot connect to HTC synce at all since then no matter how many times i unistall it and reinstall it and uninstall the drivers and reinstall them. I think android SDK may also be doing something behind the scenes
Toby
Premium Member

21st Jan 11 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive broke it - updated original post

New Poll