corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seeing as there are a few puma's on here...help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seeing as there are a few puma's on here...help needed
spikedjack

User status: Offline
27th Jan 11 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine has a fiesta zetec S, has the 1.7 zetec lump out of the puma in it so hense asking here...

The issue is, it will start, then shortly after cut out, or start and cut out with any throttle given. My thoughts firstly were vac leak or fuel issue.

I primed the fuel pump and depressed the little valve on the left hand side of the fuel rail (expecting fuel to shoot out of it like on a z18xe engine) and a little dribble came out. Would this insist that something fuel pressure wise was wrong?

any common known faults in this field of problem?

any help wil be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing common, but sounds like pump or blockage.

on a side note iv not come across one conversion in the fiesta thats ever run right, i find the job a bit of a pointless one considering the tiny advantage over the 1.6
spikedjack

27th Jan 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed my thoughts on pointlessness steve, although she's female and bought the car like it. fairly nice with FRP seats and miltek etc mind.

I shall first check the lines then try to blow them out with an airline for example? then check the pump...
Corsa_Sport21

27th Jan 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always think that people who do the 1.7 conversion into a fiesta is purely for the looks.

The Puma and Fiesta probably weigh the same anyway so the difference in performance will be minimal if anything.And iirc the Puma handles better as standard.
spikedjack

27th Jan 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Works out about a 20hp increase i think on hers. Not the issue though, the fact of it not running is.

Its been running ace for well over a year now this issue has arose... just trying to get to the bottom of it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seeing as there are a few puma's on here...help needed 23 database queries in 0.5010641 seconds