corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Best deals available on Virgin Media and/or Sky?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best deals available on Virgin Media and/or Sky?
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
31st Jan 11 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming everything goes according to plan with the mortgage company, me and my girlfriend will be moving into our first place in the next few weeks.

We have a bit of money to spend on the house and one of the first things I want to sort is the TV/Internet

I currently have a Virgin Media V+ box at home with the parents (which I might take with me aslong as it can be re-connected at my new place)

Just wondering where to find the best deals and how much I should expect to pay - also not sure whether to go for Sky or Virgin as I have had both in the past and dont really favour one over the other so will probably go for the best package at the best price

In terms of internet, we dont use a great deal of data and tend to just use it for browsing so wont need anything overly excessive in terms of download speed and data allowance

The TV is likely to be the area that is going to prove costly, I want all the sports channels and she will want all the movie and music channels so we will probably need to get the full package

Where can I find the best deals and how much does everyone else pay? Anywhere I can find a discounted bundle, etc?
AndyKent

31st Jan 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plusnet internet and phone (do it through me, we both get a discount ) and freeview HD.

Works well for me and means you're only paying for 2 services. I pay about £20 for those and nothing for the TV obviously and no contract so I can change at any time.
corsaaa_16v

1st Feb 11 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im open to any other suggestions but the TV package we go for must have the Sky Sports channels and the Movie/Music channels
Conway563

1st Feb 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're wanting all the channels and not worried about virgin speed internet then get sky IMO. The sports are better on sky than others and you can get their free internet

You can get £50 of M&S vouchers if I refer you
corsaaa_16v

1st Feb 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I go for a Sky TV package, I will get free Sky internet?

Which package do I need to get all the sport and movie packages?
John

1st Feb 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only get free sky internet if the exchange is sky llu enabled.
WATSON

4th Feb 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also remember sky internet is wank
noshua

6th Feb 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky and O2 are the best for ADSL.

New Poll