corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The need for power steering in a Corsa B.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The need for power steering in a Corsa B.
SeanXE

User status: Offline
5th Feb 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking into buying a local corsa, it has no power steering.. Is there really any need for it in a small car? As my current has PAS just wondering if it will annoy me going to one that doesn't.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 11 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first one didn't have it, no biggie. I know Mike B drove his around with is disconnected as well. Not essential.
SeanXE

5th Feb 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
My first one didn't have it, no biggie. I know Mike B drove his around with is disconnected as well. Not essential.

Good to hear, the one I'm looking at is a Trip.. nothing extra in it, just the way I want it.

Also its an S reg.. that'd be an early face lift wouldn't it? It has an 8 valve engine so made me think.

[Edited on 05-02-2011 by SeanXE]
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having driven with and without, i prefer with, but im a lazy git, its not essential or bad in a corsa to have powersteering
AlexW

5th Feb 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines on a switch, I use it sometimes, other times i dont.

With it on I tend to drive faster and drive with one hand on the wheel palming it, obv without it on you need a bit more force to turn the wheel so that goes out the window.
LeeM

5th Feb 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefer power steering, you only really notice it when parking or at low speed though
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Ian said, my old Corsa had EPS but I took the fuse out a few years back and never looked back. Obviously not as good when parking up etc. but after getting used to not having it, when I did put the fuse back in one day, it felt like the steering wheel was advising the wheels what to do rather than actually making the them turn which killed any confidence I had in it when it came to corners and was the reason why at the first opportunity, the fuse came back out.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt have one without it again!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's because you're a fanny
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just lazy,
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and not stuck in the 60's
Jake

5th Feb 11 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daily driver or not i wouldnt go back to non pas
CorsAsh

5th Feb 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't have it on my Corsa. You get a bit more feel through corners but need more effort to park - I don't think it's significant, even if you put bigger/wider wheels on.
12valver

5th Feb 11 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'd cope fine without, admittedly i miss driving the Sport cause im a lazy twat. But tbh i think you'll have more issues going from the 16v to an 8 valve, they take alot of abuse. But they're dead slow and it uses more petrol than my Sport but then again i thrash it
Edges 58

6th Feb 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no power steering, 195/45 toyo proxies and a 300mm steering wheel and I can't fault it
Sean8v

6th Feb 11 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took the power steering out mine and have never looked back . 10x better in the corners as I prefere to feel the road and fight with it
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't have it on my B and didn't think it needed it really. Even with the 195 width tyres on it wasn't that bad. Drive a 106/Saxo without it and then get in a Corsa without it. The Corsa will feel like it does have PAS so comparison

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
dale87

6th Feb 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to be fitting a saxo, 106 or astra g electric power steering pump in my c20let corsa and the plan is to have it on a switch so I can use it when I need it.
gazza808

6th Feb 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ripped my powersteering out in favour for manual, quick rack, imo much better,
Being it hasn't go it in the first place it'll have a low ratio rack so the steering won't be bad at all.
dale87

6th Feb 11 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a manual rack and it's 3 full turns lock to lock yet the powersteering rack is only 2.75 lock to lock. which was one of the reasons for not having manual steering fitted, heavier and more turns put me off.
Jambo

6th Feb 11 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt buy a car in 2011 with no PAS unless it was a classic.

pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that I want PAS
c20letandy1988

6th Feb 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had powered steering in all 6 corsas ive have always took it out or didnt come with it, takes up space in engine bay lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The need for power steering in a Corsa B. 24 database queries in 0.0137069 seconds