corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help
biswell

User status: Offline
9th Feb 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done paper clip test and have got the code 44 Oxygen sensor Air/Fuel mixture too lean (weak) gonna put a new sensor on 2moz to see if it will sort it what do you think have a headache with this problem cheers
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bare in mind that lambda sensors rarely fail.. and when they do, its mainly the heater element. i had a fault like this on a 1.2 16v.. after a bit of digging, turned out the gasket between the manifold and the cat had gone. was drawing air in and causing a false reading. revs couldnt decide wether they were on or off
biswell

9th Feb 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is i have just replaced the engine and i had to replace the lambda when i did the engine because i damaged the old one , and i brought one of these chepo ones off ebay for 15 quid and thinking weather i have got what i payed for lol
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you get it on live read-out diagnostic equipment? you should be able to see the fluctuation in voltage.. its quite hard to measure with a multi-meter because they're such small voltages.. although saying its a cheapo one.. so was the one on the 1.2 , try one from a scrappy before you pay full price for one
biswell

9th Feb 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant find no diagnostics to read it mate it not obd2 it has the 10 pin connector so have done the paper clip test , was thkinkin about going to the scrappy and trying an old first too
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah.. give it a go.. not like it can make it any worse.. plus its small enough to pocket (5 finger discount). but do check for air-leaks pre cat. did you fit new manifold gaskets when you put the new engine in?
biswell

9th Feb 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na i didnt but i dont think it will cause it to rough idle and want to cut out if their was blow from the exhaust
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neither did i or any of the mechanics at my garage.. but it was the thought that because it was a leak before the lambda sensor it could give a false reading.. turned out it was drawing air in through the gap giving it a lean signal, causing a rough idle and causing the revs to fluctuate rapidly
biswell

9th Feb 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay mate will have a futher look tmoz and speak to few people at work hopefully get to the bottem of it
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let us know how you get on
biswell

10th Feb 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have tired a new sensor and still got the same problem wanting to stall when idiling just done paper clip test but i don't have the fault code anymore , any suggestions anyone ?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help 24 database queries in 0.0351510 seconds