corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Supplements for new Gym Goer wanting to Lose Weight and get Fit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Supplements for new Gym Goer wanting to Lose Weight and get Fit
fiestakidda

User status: Offline
31st Jan 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All, Just started the gym and am on the Slim-Fast diet to help lose weight. Have done it before and lost 3 stone in just under 4 months.

Now i'd like to achieve the same but at the same time gain fitness and maybe a little muscle. Anyone got any advice to help with the training side of things?
John

31st Jan 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sound like you are going about it all the wrong way to start with.

Slim fast and supplements is a poor substitute for eating healthily and exercising long term.
fiestakidda

31st Jan 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said i've done slim fast before and it worked very well.

The supplements I'm wanting are to be able to work out longer
John

31st Jan 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It didn't work well if you have had to lose 3 stone again, imo.
fiestakidda

31st Jan 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh right Mr Perfect then John??

Fell off the wagon and wanting to get back on it.

If you can't help sod off
John

31st Jan 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naa far from it, fat and unfit, speaking from experience.
Tom G

1st Feb 11 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only problem with diets such as slim fast/herba life etc and sell you their products is that they are not teaching a halthy life style, hence people yo yoing! Then whhen you stop you put it all back on or end up taking a shake a day for the next 20 years

Do you exercise? try and do about 3 hours of intense exercise a week. Try and aim for 45 mins sessions or longer, such as running, fast rowing, fast biking, Swimming etc...A walk around the block does not count.

Also doing weights does help as it all burns calories but the cardio should be your top priority.
Try and stick to a good high protein diet with plenty of clean meat and try and not have cheat meals! If you do snack, try and snack on fruit or try a protein shake mid afternoon (That's when i'm personally worse).

The fad diets can work for you if you just want to kick start the weight loss but it wont help you in the long term.

You get what you put in at the end of the day.

Oh im no Mr. Perfect either but I've lost close to 6st in the last 14 months the hard way

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by Tom G]
Xs

2nd Feb 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You use protein shakes as a snack? I am not as clued up as most claim to be on here, but I'd generally use them pre or post workout... I could be wrong though?!
Dr Pepper

2nd Feb 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
You use protein shakes as a snack? I am not as clued up as most claim to be on here, but I'd generally use them pre or post workout... I could be wrong though?!

that is sensible if you are looking to gain muscle from weights, and it will obviously aid recovery ..... im doing weights mailnly to aid fat loss, so I often use a protein shake as a snack or a meal replacement to keep my protein up and calories down - its just protein and milk at the end of the day - better than munching a bag of crisps imo

Slimfast is not something you should rely on, but it does have its use.

For example - at work I have a pot of vanilla slimfast and a tub of vanilla proteing shake .... occasionally if I am going for a run or a workout later I have a couple of scoops of each in a shake instead of lunch - does me nicely till dinner --- no way I could drink it everday instead of food...why would you?

[Edited on 02-02-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Tom G

2nd Feb 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X's I have it mid afternoon instead of eating shit and to help my protein intake! I train before my tea so I need something to at least keep me going. I have 1.5 scoops with water so around 100kcal and 30g of protein.
fiestakidda

5th Feb 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to the gym 5 nights a week for at least an hour and half.

Do approx 15mins bike, 20 mins cross trainer, 3min walk followed by 15min jog/run. Followed by a small amount of weight training to help motabalism going

Slim fast helps get the weight off to begin with also shocks my body into getting used to low cal intake etc.

Once I reach about 3-4 stone weight loss will come off the slim fast and work on healthy eating
sc0ott

5th Feb 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How heavy are you?
Why not just eat proper meals, with no sweets and all that shite and have your protein shakes etc.
Plus continue to do a lot of cardio.
Jake

5th Feb 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Week 1-12 500mg Sus
Week 1- 4 80mg Tbol ED
fiestakidda

7th Feb 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sc0ott - i'm 5ft 9in and weight 16stone, would like to lose 5 stone and tone up at the same time
strick206

8th Feb 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the weights before the cardio

5 meals a day keep the carbs low, have a bit of carbs in the morning or at lunch. Have something like two chicken breasts broccoli and carrots for evening meal
ed

9th Feb 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll burn absolutely fuck all calories on the bike and only a little more on the cross trainer. How many fatties do you see at the gym who just go on the bike and never loose any weight? Loads. You need to run!
jacko198

10th Feb 11 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.maximuscle.com/thermobol

That is supposed to work well, haven't tried it yet but there are some good reviews of it. Can get it on ebay cheapy cheap
Laney

10th Feb 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
You'll burn absolutely fuck all calories on the bike and only a little more on the cross trainer. How many fatties do you see at the gym who just go on the bike and never loose any weight? Loads. You need to run!

Or row. Or swim. And/or lift heavy.
Xs

10th Feb 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

Thats true if you sit with it at say a constant level but if you do interval training or the likes of them spin classes then you will.
jacko198

10th Feb 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find your heart rate zone and get it into the zone for an hour twice a week atleast.

Cycling is good but only if you actually go out on the road/mountain, indoor riding doesnt do half of it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Supplements for new Gym Goer wanting to Lose Weight and get Fit 24 database queries in 0.0134749 seconds