corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iRacing (PC) *Race @ Spa Pics*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iRacing (PC) *Race @ Spa Pics*
Paul_J

User status: Offline
15th Feb 11 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair it was feeling pretty good after a while of playing despite the gfx being turned down... the car slides quite realistically ...

The only annoying thing is lack of steering feel - cant really feel the tyres 'let go' on the steering wheel
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you try the wheel setting i suggested? i can feel the tyres letting go and also when a car understeers it goes all light.

it could be the car your using, the mx5 feels very different to the solstice thing.

i love the fact cockpit is the only view you can use.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The race at Spa ive just competed in.

Qualified in 10th place, expected finish was 4th (goes by your average lap time in practise)

15 cars through the first bend sucessfully!

In the tight right hander and up Eau Rouge i managed to overtake 3 cars by braking quite late putting me in 7th

The inevitable happened at the end of the 1st lap and i couldnt go anywhere! resulting in busted steering..

After the accident i ended up back into 9th and here is the damage to my car

Pushed hard for a lap and eventually caught up to 8th and undertook him as he ran wide

bottom 1/2 of spa

7th place came up a couple laps later and i managed to undertake him

passed made

6th place was limping badly round the track, you cant see it well here but he was crabbing up the fast section of the track, an easy overtake up his left side

shot from above Eau Rouge currently in 6th place running well considering my steering wheel going straight was at 45degrees lol

on the back stretch of the track i manage to overtake 5th place as he made a mistake going slightly wide

at this point i had 7 laps left of the race, 4th place was 13seconds in front and i was gaining quite quick! i chased him down to about 1.8 seconds behind and i messed up on a corner with only 1 lap to go, i was now 2.4 secs behind! i chilled out as i knew i wouldnt be able to get past in time but on the very last corner of the last lap... he overshot the corner
[img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5176/5450957389_9a2cb2a1b4_b.jpg[img]

and i cross the finish line in 4th place

great race gained +34 iRating points but lost -0.03 Safety rating due tot eh crash at the start and a couple of off track moments.. all in all a good first propper race at Spa.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll