corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » e46 330ci?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author e46 330ci?
richc

User status: Offline
15th Feb 11 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of changing the megane to free up some cash, just cant seem to see anything that particually takes my fancy, without spending more, which defeats the object!

So, ive driven a few e46' just not the 330. Doing my research they do 30 mpg knocking around town and a mix of A roads!

Is this true? Anyone had one?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

15th Feb 11 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say no. Motorway yes
just get one anyway

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Nismo

15th Feb 11 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meh, I have one, had it about 3 weeks now, It is supposed to do 30mpg urban, however it doesnt seem to

I get about 25mpg to and from work,

Motorways at 80 i get about 35-40mpg
Fro

16th Feb 11 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manual coupe i would say 30 is possible achievable if you drive like extremely carefully. Mways should be easy though.

Auto Cabrio - Never as im finding out

Edit: they are lovely cars though and despite the MPG im very happy with it

[Edited on 16-02-2011 by fro-dizzle]
richc

16th Feb 11 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything in particular then seems to go wrong?

I would have an auto one but would like a manual m-tec one with Alcantara interior (i know 9/10 are leather).

Im doing 27 mpg over the last 270 miles but its been 80% town, abit of thrasing to overtake some cars on country lanes, and crusing to work. So if i can do that, i would be happy.
Fro

16th Feb 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt be far off that in an auto tbh.

Stay away from pre 02 ones (or there abouts cant remember the exact date ) as the steering setup is different and less responsive.

check the rear subframe doesnt have any cracks where it meets the boot floor/check for signs of this being repaired.

Other than that make sure it has full history and all keys etc and that all electrics etc work correctly and usualy things like oil levels etc.

Check the box if you go to get an auto, should change nice and smooth and kickdown without and clunks etc when the pedal is on the floor. If you flick it into sports mode (move stick left) it should feel more responsive and it will hold the revs higher whilst driving, exhaust note should change too Also check the tiptronic works as it should and changes up/down when you tell it, a short delay is normal though.

Engines and boxes are usually solid though so shouldnt come across any problems just be on your toes, theres plenty of them about

[Edited on 16-02-2011 by fro-dizzle]
Warren G

16th Feb 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bimmer

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » e46 330ci? 24 database queries in 0.0117049 seconds