corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Urges to build another Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urges to build another Corsa
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   19th Feb 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep getting the urge to build another Corsa B even though i'm thoroughly enjoying brapping about in my 172 at the minute.

Anyone ever move on but get the bug for another ?

I still drive the birds C a fair bit but it'll never be as good as a B ...

Discuss.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Feb 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've recently been wanting one badly, so I've decided to keep the Focus for a reliable daily and build a c20let, hopefully this time next year it will be ready.
Jon_C
Premium Member

19th Feb 11 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love another but can only afford to run the 1 car and i would feel a bit silly driving round in a noisy little Corsa at 27
dan-sport

19th Feb 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as much as alot of people on here say there crap ect, i wouldn't have anything else for the money, i've driven a fair few other cars and owned a fair few others aswell but i still love them im on the look out for number 6 atm they just seem to do everything i want
SeanXE

19th Feb 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My current car is a corsa b but i always have the urge to buy another to piss around with lol
Corsa_Sport21

19th Feb 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No.

Better cars out theyr that are just as good,if not better for the money.

I like the noise and the balls out raw feel they have though.

Would like another 1 day but not as a daily.
SeanXE

19th Feb 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
No.

Second sentence is just personal opinion though remember, not all people will agree.
Corsa_Sport21

19th Feb 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
quote:
No.

Second sentence is just personal opinion though remember, not all people will agree.

Not really.

If you havn't had better or experienced other cars then yeah it could be personal opinion.
SeanXE

19th Feb 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
quote:
No.

Not really.

If you havn't had better or experienced other cars then yeah it could be personal opinion.

Not really, a corsa could be everyone some one wants, then you say for eg a fiesta is better then anyone could disagree
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Feb 11 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've experienced loads of cars and I still will mess about with Corsas for years to come.

Not even really about the drive for me. That does come in to it because for me it's more enjoyable than a modern/quiet/sensible car but it goes deeper than that.

Plus they're easy to work on, easy to get bits for, easy to get knowledge about, all plus points.

I appreciate that this is available with other cars but not as much. For example I'm finding it somewhat more difficult to get advice on how to get my Puma faster and what to do about shortening the gear ratios. I'm just not as involved in that scene.
Ian W

19th Feb 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to build another Corsa to replace my old one. Fact of the matter is though I don't think I would ever use it.

My brothers recently got an Mk3 Astra GSi which is great for me as i'm enjoying fixing that up with him.

Drove it today, first time i've driven a redtop in 3 years, loved it
XSIHardy

19th Feb 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a corsa b sxi, and then moved onto a seat ibiza, and i have got to say i miss the corsa so much !

Once i get a decent price for ibiza i am going to look into a 1.8 corsa
tom130691
Premium Member

19th Feb 11 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen these threads soo much on saxp people always go back to small shit hatchs, fun factor
MarkSport

19th Feb 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the bug at the minute to get one. not sure its the right move though as I feel i'm getting too old for a little hatchback. If money allows I am swaying more towards an astra coupe or convertable
belton

19th Feb 11 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, I have had this bug so much recently, after going to the vag scene I am certainly going back to vauxhall. Much prefer the people who seem to own vauxhalls, sounds daft but the vag forums are so uptight it's unreal. Don't seem to have any knowledge just throw cash at them.

Also have a whole new garage to play with. Ideally want to have my corsa done for pvs.
No car has come close to the fun of my x18xe1 corsa
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Feb 11 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AlexW

19th Feb 11 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 3 I own atm confirms where I stand

I enjoy building them, Yeah the driving isn't bad, Its the same kinda thing I had with Nova's, Except I don't get back pain driving a corsa, Just slightly more refined.

I'm sure no matter what I say, the current ones won't be my last.
hazzacorsa

19th Feb 11 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well av had 20 lol and still love it had a few mk4 astra great cars but never the feel for a corsa b parts are cheap well got plenty think al stay for a while yet
Mark.W

20th Feb 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought about advertising mine last night since i bought the astra but driving it today has made me want to keep it. There still fun fun fun just need a decent suspension set up which il upgrade in a couple of months once iv bought a private plate for the astra and had it fully serviced.
Jambo

20th Feb 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always considered it. Do want another one with a stinking great LET again.

Personal opinion is technically incorrect. Far better cars out there for the money. That's a fact. But what Ian says is on the money. There's something about how interchangeable the parts are, how buying one is like buying a blank canvas, small changes equal huge differences. There are so many options to consider and so easy to work on and so cheap to get bits for. You would be hard pushed to find a better platform for the money. Crazy as it may sound I have always been a fan of the post97 dasht too. Looks great IMO.

Mark.W

20th Feb 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^ Well said.
Robin
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love another. I know I'd throw money at it and spending the same on something else would mean a quicker, better handling car but I know what I'm doing with a corsa, pretty much every other car I've owned I've been somewhat confused by as nothing is as simple.

I've had no end of problems trying to find a simple brake upgrade for the mx5, whereas with a corsa, I know exactly what to buy.

I'll have another one, probably a C though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Urges to build another Corsa 23 database queries in 0.0158789 seconds