corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTTP Tunnel / Proxy / Server Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTTP Tunnel / Proxy / Server Help
Nismo

User status: Offline
9th Mar 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a bit of help with a project im working on.

I have a network with about 1200 shops connected to it.

Now i need outside users to be able to connect to each shop to pull a jpg image.

But i dont want alot of rules / port forwarding

I would like SERVER01 to grab the jpg's from the shops and store them locally in directories. The jpgs are HTTP (http://camera01/jpeg/) and not stored in a folder.

So i want users to be able to HTTP to an address like: http://SERVER01/shop1/image1.jpg

This way i dont have to setup routes to each shop if yo understand me.

Is there any software out there that does this is is there something i can setup using Apache etc...

All help greatly appreciated
ed

9th Mar 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If each shop has it's own web server and can maintain the images themselves then you can access each shop via HTTP on port 80 (or whatever you like TBH) using either a static IP address or Dynamic DNS domain. You can then setup some kind of RESTful service on your main server so that when someone tries to access an image, your main server can pull the image from the shop directly or from a cache it maintains.

[Edited on 09-03-2011 by ed]
Nismo

9th Mar 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well each shop has 6 jpgs connected to a server, each shop is connected through a VPN with static addresses, I need to get the Jpg image from the device and store it localy on a centralised server so the requests just go to the central server rather than the shop / device itself.

The long winded way is to FTP the jpg image to the server however that means you then have 1200x6=7200 ftp connections and im pretty sure it would crash and burn

[Edited on 09-03-2011 by Nismo]
Chris
Premium Member

9th Mar 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What connections are the shops ruuning

As its not possible to watch all the 1200 streams at once, just batch process the uploads from the site.

Other option is a low res realtime up date, then if required grab the full res from the site.

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ciscoitatwork/downloads/ciscoitatwork/pdf/Cisco_IT_Case_Study_CCTV_print.pdf

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Mar 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Server1 runs linux, write a script to wget the images off each shop server every x amount of mins/seconds and save them to the public_html or whatever directory you have on server1. Each time wget grabs the images, tell it to overwrite if there is an existing image already there.
Nismo

11th Mar 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found a way of doing it with Apache and mod_proxy using a ProxyPass reverse

Cheers though guys

New Poll