corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » high miles?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author high miles?
bigjosh86

User status: Offline
11th Mar 11 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi everyone.
basically,as good corsa's are getiing hard to find,sport's especially,what would you see as being ''high milers''?
The reason i ask is because i have my eye on a 1.6 sport which has done 126,000 but the owner has claimed that headwork and timing belts have been done at 80k and it ''drives like a dream''.
Are there many things that can or will go wrong with a car like this? I've always stood by the rule that if an engine has been well maintained in the past it should still have plenty of miles left in it
Anyways,any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
SR91

11th Mar 11 at 02:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter if an engine has done 30k or 130k its how its been treated, you'll always have problems anyway... If you insist on low miles, keep searching youll find one :-)
bigjosh86

11th Mar 11 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate,i have seen a few knocking about with low-ish miles but there either to far to collect or stupidly over priced...
mike56gte

11th Mar 11 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found autotrader was the best for finding low mile ones. but as long as its been treated well it should be ok.

SR91

11th Mar 11 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaner then an afgans barmat!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201109381055042/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/quantity-of-doors/3/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l/model/corsa/make/vauxhall/page/1/postcode/pr56bz/keywords/sport/radius/1501?logcode=p
bigjosh86

11th Mar 11 at 03:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oohhh shiny! where is that located?
Thats a rare find to get one under 40k! Saying that my mate MACKA just got ahold of a mint red 1.6 with only 18,000 miles
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 06:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its had its belts done at 80k then its over due another set

every 40k on these engines
AlexW

11th Mar 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be worried about piston rings on that 1.6, They tend to go around 100/120k, But the shell etc will prob be fine, My 1.0 has done 185k now...
redtom

11th Mar 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best car/engine corsa B i ever had was a a c14se 1.4 sri with 190k on it.

mileage is a load of bollocks id rather have one on 150k thats been looked after than one on 50k thats been owned by the local mcdonalds crewz.
Corsa_GS1

11th Mar 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redtom
Best car/engine corsa B i ever had was a a c14se 1.4 sri with 190k on it.

mileage is a load of bollocks id rather have one on 150k thats been looked after than one on 50k thats been owned by the local mcdonalds crewz.

totally agree.. mine just turned 120k but has a full service history and the last owner was my missus.. she had it for about 12months then gave it to me.. so i know its been looked after for the last 2 years.. and the owner before her was a chap in his early 30's id say, and he told me he got it from an older chap who logged every receipt for every purchase made.. i still have the folder full!

she had no problems what so ever with it and upto now i havnt either.. she has had 6 cars and even she has said that the corsa was the best and most reliable car shes had.. an shes had a golf GT TDI and a polo TDI PD.. the only reason she got rid was because shes in uni an the fuel prices went up and was costing her £12 a day just to get there and back.. so better again, i knew the miles where motorway miles.. she got it at 108k if i remember correctly.. and iv always done the work and maintained it to the highest standards.. it gets done every 6months and i always use premium parts i.e bosch spark plugs, castrol magnitec oil etc.. the last service i gave it was oil, filters, spark plugs, new induction filter, new vented grooved/drilled discs and pads.. i can honestly say 'it runs like a dream' i hate all this talk about miles cuz like mentioned before, its all about the way its treated!

sorry for the essay but i had to get my point across!

Corsa_GS1

11th Mar 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i forgot to mention, mines the 1.6i 16v sport and currently getting about 37mpg around town.. again, showing its not thrashed like most others!
Corsa_GS1

11th Mar 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa_GS1

11th Mar 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa_GS1

11th Mar 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly showing up at PVS 2011 if all goes to plan.. need a few extra bits n bobs to finish it off first.. but got a few months yet..
bigjosh86

11th Mar 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
I'd be worried about piston rings on that 1.6, They tend to go around 100/120k, But the shell etc will prob be fine, My 1.0 has done 185k now...

185K!! Whoa thats alot! Yeah the shell on the 1.6 is in good condition,no rust anywhere which is a surprise
bigjosh86

11th Mar 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa_gs1: no worries about the essay
its nice to hear that they still go strong after so long,i intend on giving it a full service as soon as I buy it anyway,aparr from the usual fluids filters and plugs are there any other parts that need looking at? Cheers
3CorsaMeal

11th Mar 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't just think about the engine internals, worry about everything else, bushes, suspension, steering rack, cooling system, rust.

bigjosh86

11th Mar 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously! Suspention will be uprated,aswell as the brakes! The only reason i'm asking about the engine is because whats the point in making a nice car if it blows up on you after 10 minutes!!
bigjosh86

11th Mar 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't mean to sound like a dick there mate! Lol
AlexW

11th Mar 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your prob fine bushes could do with replacing, But providing its a post 97 rust won't be a massive issue if its been kept clean.

I would just check the engine don't smoke at all, runs well and has good power still.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » high miles? 23 database queries in 0.0128031 seconds