corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Been crashed into - advice required regarding insurance claim.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been crashed into - advice required regarding insurance claim.
stubs

User status: Offline
15th Mar 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was crashed into on Friday on my way home from work. I was in stop-start traffic on the motorway and a van skidded into the back of me prob about 20-30mph whilst I was coming to a standstill. It was raining slightly, but there was good visibility.
Suprisingly there didn't look to be much damage to either car, but my instict told me to take all details incase I needed to claim etc...
Got the car home and my pal checked it over (he's a panel beater for an insurance bodyshop).. he said the rear panel behind the bumper would need replacing, and the boot floor was damaged.
I've called my insurance and started a claim off, but I've been advised that the car may be written off due to it's age and the damage it's sustained. What's normally the process now? Will my insurance pay me and then claim it back off his insurance? Or should I contact his insurance and claim directly through them?
daymoon
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he agrees it was his fault, you ahve nothing to worry about.

Your insurance will pay you and his will pay your insurance.

if he wont admit....

that will be a very long story
stubs

15th Mar 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is it best to continue using my insurance and let them deal with it, or get a solicitor to deal with it on my behalf and get them to contact his insurance for me?
I don't want my insurance to pay me out and then roll over and not fight my side if he contests blame. I'd rather not claim at all if that happens
JM_16v

15th Mar 11 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your insurance basically act as your solicitor and will claim on your behalf
AndyCorsaSport

15th Mar 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The insurance will do the work for you. He cant really say its not his fault if he's hit the back of you. He was either driving too fast/too close or not concentrating etc.
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

15th Mar 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like that for me but i caught them on CCTV ... if i claim tho it effects your insurece or not??
BarnshaW

15th Mar 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont see if he has a case crashing into the back of you on a straight motorway?
big eck

15th Mar 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
dont see if he has a case crashing into the back of you on a straight motorway?

Exactly, unless he says you slammed the brakes on for no reason lol. Even then if he was paying attention he would have left sufficient braking time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Been crashed into - advice required regarding insurance claim. 23 database queries in 0.0092621 seconds