corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Canon 55d or 1100d ??? Discuss

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Canon 55d or 1100d ??? Discuss
pagey

User status: Offline
   16th Mar 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousins bought the canon 1000d and has been telling me ive gotta get one, Im contemplating either the 1100d as its due out end of the month or splashing the extra £120.00 and getting the 550d, basically is it worth the extra £120.00? Im only going to buy one once and i want it to last me, what are peoples thoughts and opinions on this, I do want to take good quality pics and take it up as a hobby, I havnt got a video camera and have noticed that they both come with HD video capability (saves me buying a VC as well)

Thanks, Adam.

AndyKent

16th Mar 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally, having bought brand new bodies then realised that they're not particularly worth the extra over slightly second hand, I'd get on the bay or Talk Photography and save yourself some cash.

You'll take far better pictures with top quality lenses than you will with a marginally upgraded body.
BluKoo

16th Mar 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

550d is going to be far more camera than the 1000d as the 1000d is the entry level camera.
Matt L

16th Mar 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for the 550d tbh, i outgrew the 1000d withing a year and upgraded to the 50d which i cant see me getting rid of now, will just upgrade lenses as and when.

but as andy said - try and go second hand tbh although then you dont have the warrenty you would get on a new one, but it does save you a fair amount intially.
pagey

16th Mar 11 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got vouchers through my work see, so second hands not an option, I'm thinking now of paying a bit more an going for the 550d as it was only released last year so is a relatively new camera, then as i progress maybe as said get better lenses, by paying the £120.00 extra the camera would be a worthwhile investment then? Thanks for the replies
AndyKent

16th Mar 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you use the vouchers for lenses/accessories?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Canon 55d or 1100d ??? Discuss 24 database queries in 0.0138190 seconds