corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MK5 Golf GTTDI options retro fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MK5 Golf GTTDI options retro fitting
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
   16th Mar 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guys...

I've done a bit of a search on this but wondered if any of you guys have first hand experience?

Today i picked up a 57 plate MK5 Golf 140 (Think) brake GT TDi..Phew!...from London. I have to say i was really impressed with it!! Apart from it needing a remap as they do, it felt quick enough and even after 280 miles it had used just under a quarter a tank! And i wasn't hanging about We tried the pram base in the boot and did a big shop at Tescos before and it was more than adequate.

I was going to ask in work tomorrow how much they will give it me for, as we can buy any car on site for cost price +£250 although this don't include a warrenty. This isn;t always the case but in 90% of cases we can. They paid £6200 for it.

Problem is it's not a very good spec No Cruise...No Zenons..No Heated Seats or Multi Function Steering Wheel. Looking on AT you can get a 55 plate with all these options for 7K and i'd probably get the golf for £6700 ish.

I've been told the Cruise is easy and the dealers charge £150 all in inc VAT to do it?! Sounds a bit too cheap to me? The MF steering wheel is also meant to be easy but the wheels i've seen on EBAY are like £300+

Easier just to buy an older model with all the bits on? Maybe even DSG too which i quite like
pow
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

280 miles on under a quarter of a tank

Cruise can be fitted quite easily, steeringwheel not soo much!
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a newer model, will be worth more when you retro fit all the bits you want.

Cruise control indeed is easy to retrofit. Only about 40 quids worth of parts from VW.
CORSA NUT

16th Mar 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's true! It will be a 57 plate with the bits then won't it..Didn't think of it that way

Pow i shit you not mate that's what it did. Will do 600 to a tank on a run i rekon..maybe only 500 around town though?
Claire

16th Mar 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cruise control is easy enough to fit (new stalk and depending on model a loom). I would be suprised if a dealer would do it for £150, but I can't see it being too much more... maybe £200 ish. When I had one, independents were doing it for about £150 ish
CORSA NUT

16th Mar 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found this for the wheel...

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/156872.aspx

And this for the Cruise...

http://poollcruisecontrol.com/Mk5.html

This one has the MFD too so that's easy enough. Wheel looks a tad scary and $$$ though
CORSA NUT

16th Mar 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could also get HID's instead of Zenons but are these not being made illegal and won't pass MOT's soon??
AndyKent

16th Mar 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cruise and MFSW are easy. Fit parts, activate with vagcom.

Seats will be a bitch, you'll have to take half the centre tunnel & carpet to fit wiring. No idea on Xenons.
CORSA NUT

16th Mar 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep just checked ans the seats will be a pain two different harnesses and then the cost of buying them.
AndyKent

16th Mar 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and my mapped 1.9 tdi will do 500 to a tank around town easy. 2.0 140 won't get a lot less than that, 450 maybe I guess.

My car reckons 900 to a tank on a long run. I've done 650 to a tank and half that time was around town
CORSA NUT

16th Mar 11 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome

Definately have to get it mapped to 180/190 though i rekon. I do mostly motorway now so this will help the MPG aswell even with the remap?
AndyKent

16th Mar 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly, though I wouldn't bank on it.

I saw absolutely no difference in fuel consumption with/without the map.
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How big are tanks on these? still 55 litres as on older vag's?

I am yet to run my Bora for full tank
Fuel gauge is annoying though. Has a mind of its own.

Also i read a lot of people saying "Reserve kicking in". hwo the hell can you tell??? is that when the fuel gauge goes to red or below?
AndyKent

16th Mar 11 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costs just over £60 quid to fill from empty, so about 50 litres I suppose. Been a little while since I've had to brim it, probably £65 now
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i got my Bora last thursday the fuel gauge needle was just above red, took 42 litres. was 56 quid or something...

big eck

17th Mar 11 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£150 all in for cruise control from the dealers is spot on as thats one of the options thats not on mine so I asked.

If you can fit it yourself the get someone with vagcom to activate it then the cost will be a lot cheaper. Some need a wire to connect some dont you'll need to check with the dealers.

I'd just fit HID's, basically the same anyways and dont listen about them being illegal, some cars like the new shape civics dont have projector lamps but still have hids and there factory fitted.

I gotta admit I love my heated seats especially as there leather and they can be fukin freezing in cold weather lol.

Theres a huge amount you can buy and have retro fitted later on.
CORSA NUT

17th Mar 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking pricks have sold it already!! our place is crazy recession Wha??!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Mar 11 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a massive demand for them. Especially the facelift shape 56 plate onwards.

I have a Mk6 2.0 TDi 140. It's awesome. got 500 miles on a tank including 2 trips to London and back. I reckon I will get over 600 miles when I take it to Scotland.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Mar 11 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the Mk5s if it has the twin exhausts out the back it's a 170. If it's under the bumper it's a 140

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
AndyKent

17th Mar 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like a mk6 if the list price wasn't so ridiculous. And I had some cash in the bank
CORSA NUT

17th Mar 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what to do now might get a 55plate with DSG and all the toys but still hanging on a Modeo ST in Racing Blue

If we get a decent family car though aswell I might be getting fuck all for me
whitter45

18th Mar 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
On the Mk5s if it has the twin exhausts out the back it's a 170. If it's under the bumper it's a 140

Dont think so

The later version have twin exit on the 140 GT models - Guy at work has one

[Edited on 18-03-2011 by whitter45]
whitter45

18th Mar 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Not sure what to do now might get a 55plate with DSG and all the toys but still hanging on a Modeo ST in Racing Blue

If we get a decent family car though aswell I might be getting fuck all for me

DSG doesnt work too well with the TDI's. The box is great but because of the rev range it hunts quite a bit

Guy in work has a Passat cc 170 dsg and wished he had got the manual
CORSA NUT

18th Mar 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've driven loads of Skoda diesels with DSG and remember them a bit confused at times with all the autos in work I'm getting proper lazy

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MK5 Golf GTTDI options retro fitting 24 database queries in 0.0115449 seconds