corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting polycarb windows

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting polycarb windows
Alex_Rally

User status: Offline
19th Mar 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 got any tips on removing and fitting rear quater and boot windows . corsa b

i cant smash the windows to get them out as i wanna use the glass to make a template for the polycarb ones im making to go in place .

i was thinking of lyng on back seat and trying to push the glass out ?? having someone outside to catch it lol ?
smcGSI16V

19th Mar 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck.

They should be bonded in, so you will have to cut the bond from inside the car with a knife.
djgritt
Premium Member

19th Mar 11 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing mine tomorrow too - looks like a pain.

Cutting the Glass out will be the worst bit anyway.
Jamie-C

20th Mar 11 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay a window fitter to cut them out if your afraid of damaging them.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 02:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Pay a window fitter to cut them out if your afraid of damaging them.

This is what I did the other day, I got front and rear screens plus the quarters removed, he charged £70 but that includes refitting the windscreen in a couple of weeks. For just the rear quarters you could probably get it done for £30 if that.
Alex_Rally

20th Mar 11 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know any window fitters lol , any1 got a rough guide to fitting them and cutting old ones out ??
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously, we actually had a window removal tool that we had no luck with. The guy I paid had the same tool but also the knowledge to use it and had all 4 windows out within the hour. I just did a search on Yell.com and found one local.

If a pro isn't an option then you need either a knife of some kind, and watch your fingers, or cheese wire is supposed to be another common method but watch your paint work with that one
Alex_Rally

20th Mar 11 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mike mate
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a Scraper to cut through the old sealer, then poked some reinforced steel wire through and sawed through the old stuff

Tiring, and you definitely have to be careful with the paintwork!

New Poll