corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what should i be spending on a first car (corsa)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what should i be spending on a first car (corsa)
MyK3

User status: Offline
16th Jun 03 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 17 and planning on getting a corsa as a first car and max it up. i am thinking of spending about 2000 - 3000 quid to buy just the car without any mods, is this too much or just about right, any ideas on a good model of a corsa that i should go for. thanks
-Myk3

[Edited on 06/16/03 by MyK3]
t44rnt

16th Jun 03 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa b sxi 1.2 16v, cheap 2 insure, and very very nippy
prowlerkid

16th Jun 03 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to Auto trader and do a car search, you will prob have to sign up to be a member of the site first but that only takes a minute, u can put in all the details you want your car to have and it'll search for it!!! that's only if you want a non-max'd one so you can max it urself!
moddedcorsa

16th Jun 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u look about u should find a slightly modded one, about p/r-reg or newer for 2k+. Save u a bit of money!! Most ppl buy alloys first, and these are pretty much the most expensive single modd
John_C

16th Jun 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel the bodyshop will b more £££ than alloys
MyK3

16th Jun 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys. what i am planning on doing is getting a car unmodded so i can max it from scratch.. i think its more fun that way and a nice way to throw away money.. well its better than pissing it up the wall
markandrewrollason

16th Jun 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a corsa b sxi 16 valve so thats what i would reccomend like the above post reads there easy to insure and quite nippy. If ur after something a bit faster go for the 1.4 sport mines a T reg and i paid £3000 for mine its done just over 35,000 miles and its in mint condition i got mine through autotrader
jjcymru

17th Jun 03 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imho none of the corsas even the 1.6 16v are quick as standard, nippy but nothing blisteringly fast!

Id go for a late 1.2 16v sxi for insurance or 1.6 16v sport/low mileage Gsi for tunability potential.

The 1.4s arent really worth bothering with as theyre a false economy for tuning in my opinion and are better off in novas which are much lighter

New Poll