corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anybody else given into petrol prices and got the bike out?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anybody else given into petrol prices and got the bike out?
emicen

User status: Offline
29th Mar 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50 miles each way = not happening on a bike

Tempted by a motorbike but if I leave at a sensible time its ~1hr 15mins, reckon a bike would only get it down to an hour and I'd need to shower in the office at the other end most likely to get rid of the helmet hair. Would save a decent wedge on fuel though.
Jamie Walby

29th Mar 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did 50miles round the new forest in 2 1/2 hours last week. Sod doin that before work though, get a bike with an engine like you said
Dr Pepper

29th Mar 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
dr Pepper, What kind of job do you do? don't you arrive in a sweaty mess each morning after cycling 11 miles?

Work in sales matey - I run a small independant shop.

Think you may be overestimating how far 11 miles is on a good bike - its not a hard cycle once you do it for a week or so it gets fairly easy.

I have a change of clothes at work .... just have a quick wash when I get to work, dry off and change clothes - fine tbh. Im lucky that I open the shop in the morning - so im here by myself for an hour or so - gives me a chance to sort myself out.

[Edited on 29-03-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Nath

29th Mar 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do 6 miles each way and it usually only takes a few more minutes than driving. Literally about 5 minutes longer maybe. Totally worth it though. We have showers at work but as I leave home about 8am I don't tend to get too hot and manky. I take a spare t-shirt with me anyway, just in case.
pow
Premium Member

29th Mar 11 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have shower facilities here at work... I'm still using my car
3CorsaMeal

29th Mar 11 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive to work as fast as i can still, all b-roads so lots of braking and wasting of fuel.

then in the evenings i drive around pointlessy for about 30-40miles
M2RTY

29th Mar 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18 miles either way for me. Just bought a boardman comp mtb to replace my old bike. Its 35 minutes by car, 1.5 hours casually on bike. Thing that annoys me is its 5 quid return on train, and 4.30 one way, so if i cycle home i save 70p. Not even enough to cover wear and tear

I do however cycle a lot across town, to friends, shops, and do a lot of country miles in prep for my coast 2 coast in may
RichR
Premium Member

29th Mar 11 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm considering it for weekend trips to the missus', She lives 6miles away so may be worth it.

Fuck riding the 35miles or so to work; I nearly died after riding for 45mins last night
Kano

29th Mar 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, had the bike out lots. It has 900cc and is worse on fuel than my car though so mehh...
andy1868

29th Mar 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bike riding is ace, i love fucking off for an afternoon on the bike with the camera. couldn't be doing with riding to work and back though, and its only 4 miles each way
webbo_23

30th Mar 11 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just started biking this week. Only a 7 miles round trip, but im super unfit so takes a bit of time for me lol
dannymccann

30th Mar 11 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be starting to do this hopefully next week, got the ground anchor delivered today to tie my bike to out front (cant get into my garden from the front of the house).

Although, I wont be biking in unless the missus is going to come with me, because we work in the same office so if she is taking the car it's kinda pointless

But I do need to start cycling again, hopefully cant get a bit fitter and lose a bit of flab before my wedding end of August, as the only exercise I currently do is walking from the car park into work and back again, and then up stairs to play xbox
MarkSport

30th Mar 11 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
I rode my horse to the shop yesterday got some strange looks

Where the fuck did you leave it? Tied round a lamp post outside

Obviously works in a bank...sounds like the sort of thing a loan arranger would do!
MarkSport

30th Mar 11 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

Had it a week now for a 22 mile round trip for work

22 mile on a bike is a commitment tbh, doubt I could do it.. if you like it though mate then what's the worst than could happen?

[Edited on 30-03-2011 by MarkSport]
Nath

30th Mar 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
I rode my horse to the shop yesterday got some strange looks

Where the fuck did you leave it? Tied round a lamp post outside

Obviously works in a bank...sounds like the sort of thing a loan arranger would do!

Bonney

30th Mar 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a bike yesterday to go to work on. Now I have a choice of either taking the Lexus, The ZX-6R Or the push iron.

Think now its coming summer think i will be using the push iron most days. Just have to set out a little earlier than usual!
AlunJ

30th Mar 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really fancying a new bike, can't really afford one though looking at the boardman hybrids in halfords... knowing halford's they're shit though I'll bet

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anybody else given into petrol prices and got the bike out? 23 database queries in 0.0195880 seconds