corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 195/45/15 Toyo Proxes T1R or Yoko S Drives???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 195/45/15 Toyo Proxes T1R or Yoko S Drives???
minimatt001

User status: Offline
5th Apr 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after a decent set of tyres for my cesaros and have now decided my best option is to go for either Proxes or S Drives. I've read various reviews but both have their fair share of good and bad comments. It seems the S Drives have better comfort but not the grip potential that Proxes have but as I have never driven on these tyres I'm unsure. Any advice/links etc will be much appreciated please. Cheers
dragon2309

6th Apr 11 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

proxes all day long mate, always thought yokos were regarded as shit? where did you read the good reviews?
ramboreynolds

6th Apr 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffinately proxes!!!! grip incredible in wet and dry, or just as good and a little bit more cost efficient kuhmo ecsta's. both quality tyres
Crana

6th Apr 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T1rs...
KyleCorsa

7th Apr 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toyo are by far the better for grip but they dont last long
Kieran
Premium Member

7th Apr 11 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

t1rs all day long
minimatt001

7th Apr 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all for the replies It looks like T1R's are the ones to go for then, dragon, i read a few different reviews but they're actually a lot more mixed than I remembered; http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Yokohama/S-Drive.htm

One review compares the two tyres and says the S drives aren't as comfortable but handle better in the wet, another says comfy but thats on a scooby.

Overall though after reading a few more reviews and after the response I got from you guys, I'll be ordering a full set of T1R's on Monday. I have looked at Kuhmo's as well but I've found a set of T1R's brand new for £184 delivered, seems fairly reasonable to me?

Cheers again
minimatt001

7th Apr 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have looked at Admirals too, fair bit cheaper and I had a full set on my last alloys (Inovit Rapids) same size again and they weren't too bad at all really, I just found they worn down quite quickly with not a great deal of use. I don't know if anyone else has found the same? That said, I fancy a change so the T1R's should be with me by the end of next week.
thomson

7th Apr 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new proxies on my gsi and there up to the job.
Dave_Sport

9th Apr 11 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toyo's are a soft compound tyre and thus will wear quickly if abused - hard cornering and late braking but they grip really well and get better the warmer they get

Yoko's are also a soft compound tyre and as far as i'm aware have always been regarded as a fast wearing tyre which abused will last 3000 miles

Kumho's are a mid range tyre and a good all rounder - mileage, grip, comfort and price

Admiral are a budget brand so won't offer the same grip levels in wet or dry conditions as the more premium brands.

Have you looked into Continental Sport 3's, a new-ish tyre from a premium manufacturer, it offers excellent grip, mileage and comfort but i think the cost is a bit higher

Dave
minimatt001

10th Apr 11 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the advice Dave I have just had a look now on a tyre review site, overall it appears to be a good, well respected tyre however the wear seems to be an issue with them. Have you used this tyre before at all? If so how did you find them? Not a tyre I've heard of before thats all.
Thanks,
Matt

New Poll