corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall extended warranty?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall extended warranty?
Mark.W

User status: Offline
12th Apr 11 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have any experiences with them?? been quoted £399 (1year) £499 (2year) £599 (3year) the astra's original 3 year warranty expires on the 24th and have been thinking of taking out extra warranty but some people reckon extended warranties are not worth the paper its written on and they all seem to use the usual get out clause WEAR & TEAR.

Your thoughts please.
alan-g-w

12th Apr 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£400 in case something goes wrong? For it to make sense the risk of something major fucking up would need to be pretty high. If you've got the money there and can afford £400 just for peace of mind then go for it, if it's putting you out at all fuck that and just budget £400 for repairs.
Mark.W

12th Apr 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car does have a few exspensive things that can go wrong two of them being Gearbox/Turbo.
alan-g-w

12th Apr 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only way I'd ever do it is if I had the cash to throw at it or if I knew a dead expensive part was on its way out.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Apr 11 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be taking the chance at those prices.
RCoughtrie

12th Apr 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it, saved me a fortune
Christopher

12th Apr 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its alot of money and normally when you come to claim for stuff like turbos and gearboxes off of your warranty it somehow isnt covered?! they dont like to pay out very often and will try very hard to take your money and never give you it back!
Mark.W

12th Apr 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what im frightened of is that i pull out £500 for the warranty then 3 months down the line the turbo or gear box goes and they say its wear & tear and is not covered then thats £500 that could have been put towards fixing it.
Mark.W

14th Apr 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone used or heard much on these? they offer a wear & tear on there premium warranty.

http://www.gocarwarranty.co.uk/

Not sure i want to give £500 to vauxhall for warranty when they can't even give me anything in black and white saying whats actually covered before parting with my cash.

[Edited on 14-04-2011 by Mark.W]
Colin

14th Apr 11 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just risk it & keep some money under the matress for incase something breaks.....I never see the point in these supplimentary policies.

Its like when you buy a new laptop in PC world & they try to sell you the 3yr blah blah blah cover....aye mate poke it!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall extended warranty? 23 database queries in 0.0117791 seconds