corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help needed - X16XE exhaust manifold

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help needed - X16XE exhaust manifold
Jed D

User status: Offline
14th Apr 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, sorry as my previous topic was in gen chat, completely forgot

im in desperate need of a exhaust manifold for my x16xe b. im located in coxhoe durham
if anyone can help please u2u me asap

i'd prefer a 4.2.1 but anything considerd

also will i get away with not changeing the gasket?

[Edited on 15-04-2011 by Ian]
Gary
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant helpo with the manifold but as regards to the gasket. Just buy one! They are only a few quid. Might as well do the job right
Jed D

14th Apr 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant get out anywere without the motor. dont dare drive it without exhaust. far too loud
Root

14th Apr 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd change the gasket for the effort, taking them off isn't a light task, they usually have to be burnt off so may as well do it once instead of twice
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
I'd change the gasket for the effort, taking them off isn't a light task, they usually have to be burnt off so may as well do it once instead of twice

the exhaust gasket has to be burnt off? Since when? I changed the manifold on my X16XE 3 times in total, and always just replaced the gasket, as the old one came off very easily
Jed D

14th Apr 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

came off ne bother. the bolt at the bottom left corner is a twat the access though

just got a 4.1 manifold going on tomorrow.
think il have to lift the front up a bit though
Jed D

15th Apr 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put a new gasket on, got 3 prolems though,
1 the manilfold didnt seem to line up rite and i got a bit inpatient with one of the bolts think its just say holding in, threads about dead and
2 the bolt thats a twat to get out (on the bottom thermostat side) hasnt been put back in, i started argueing with it and now my engines got bits of skin and blood out my arm on it
3 it low!

Ian
Site Administrator

15th Apr 11 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 the manilfold didnt seem to line up rite and i got a bit inpatient with one of the bolts think its just say holding in, threads about dead

If the others around it are OK and it's not leaking it should be OK. Is the thread OK on the stud?

2 the bolt thats a twat to get out (on the bottom thermostat side) hasnt been put back in, i started argueing with it and now my engines got bits of skin and blood out my arm on it

If you can't get it with a socket, use a spanner. Might also have access through the grille with extension bars somehow, can't remember.

3 it low!

Can't help you there
Jed D

15th Apr 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 the manilfold didnt seem to line up rite and i got a bit inpatient with one of the bolts think its just say holding in, threads about dead

If the others around it are OK and it's not leaking it should be OK. Is the thread OK on the stud?

JED- threads fine on the stud, got it half way in then thought hang on for a second, took it out and there's bits of aluminium around it, so must be the head that the threads are going, just nipped it up for now

If you can't get it with a socket, use a spanner. Might also have access through the grille with extension bars somehow, can't remember.

JED- tried both mate, seems like the head and manifolds about 2.5mm out of line. i slackened all the rest off, got a screw driver in it and gave it a wiggle to see if i could line it up but didn't budge and i didn't want to push it too much as the threads obviously aren't strong

3 it low!

Can't help you there

JED- waiting for funds to go back up and going to bring the front up

cheers

[Edited on 15-04-2011 by JedDy]
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

16th Apr 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it is a bit of a bastard to get that nut on, i managed to get it on by taking the thermostat hose off, and being very patient. the gaskets come off piss easy so its worth replacing. as long as it isn't blowing, i think it will be ok.
Jed D

16th Apr 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah i done the gasket, its just that bolt i cant get in and that one that seems a little threaded i was worried about
cheers

New Poll