corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work payslip and tax......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Work payslip and tax......
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
18th Apr 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1stly,when working through the books,is it against the law to not get a payslip from your employer??Is it theyr choice wether they give them out or not??

And 2ndly,if you have 2 part time jobs,do you take a massive hit on tax??Or is it down to the amount of money you make??
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to give you a payslip of some sort, doesn't need to be anything fancy!

2nd job is usually taxed higher

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
luciaadr

18th Apr 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get taxed exactly the same on you 2nd job as your first, just no personal allowance because you will have used it up in your earnings from the first.

not sure re the payslips actually
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only massive hit on tax if your over 44k iirc
Corsa_Sport21

18th Apr 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The GF has 2 part time jobs.

1 of them she does circa 13hrs a week,gets a payslip,dosn't get taxed.

2nd job she does at least 18hrs a week as that is the minimum she was told she would get when she got the job,dosn't get a payslip,but gets taxed.

When she 1st started the 2nd job,she was told she was emergency tax code and she could claim it back.Hasn't had a P60 yet either.

Only does barwork and on minimum wage.
Jed D

18th Apr 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st question i dont know but i got underpaid last month and my payslips gone missing somehow ha! yeah rite

2nd question yeah, normal tax is about 17% or something isnt it but 2nd pt job is much more, like 20%ish

i earn less than £101 a week yeah its crap but it i worked 1 more hour at £6.08 or something i'd be getting taxed 17.something% of my wage but i dont

tax is gay!!
Jed D

18th Apr 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

When she 1st started the 2nd job,she was told she was emergency tax code and she could claim it back.Hasn't had a P60 yet either.

get onto them about that!! emergency tax is 22.something% of your wage!! i was on it for a few month, your employer should/has to sort it out. she'll get it all back dated, so far anyway!! fingers out for that pal!! quick!
--DAN--

18th Apr 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
1st question i dont know but i got underpaid last month and my payslips gone missing somehow ha! yeah rite

2nd question yeah, normal tax is about 17% or something isnt it but 2nd pt job is much more, like 20%ish

i earn less than £101 a week yeah its crap but it i worked 1 more hour at £6.08 or something i'd be getting taxed 17.something% of my wage but i dont

tax is gay!!

But you'd only get charged the higher tax rate on anything over the £101 so you would still be better off

[Edited on 18-04-2011 by --DAN--]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work payslip and tax...... 24 database queries in 0.0108509 seconds