corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steering rack problems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steering rack problems?
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Apr 11 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We recently had the front wishbones changed on the Cougar which were long overdue and the result is there is now a much smoother ride.

However there still seems to be two issues which I think are related/connected to the steering rack:

- when the car is driven from cold, if you turn the wheel to the left or right it feels like it gets "stuck" at a certain point; i.e. you can't turn the wheel left or right smoothly. This doesn't seem to happen when the engine is warm.

- when the car is driven from warm (i.e. from a short trip out), about 15 minutes later you can hear a loud creaking noise from the driver's side when you go over bumps or say up a kerb for example. This happened earlier and after some investigation the noise seems to be coming from the steering rack. I thought at first it was the shock absorber but it wasn't.

I'm assuming these are two separate issues, but are we looking at a new rack here?

PS I know this is a Corsa forum but I thought I'd post on here as some of you lot might have come across these problems before on other cars?

New Poll