corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » top rad hose problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author top rad hose problem
Nova_mike

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a corsa sport x16xe with a/c dont want to get rid of the a/c and now the problem, bought a roose motorsport coolant kit, the top rad hose is the gsi type wher the rad connection comes out pointing to the wing and my sport rad comes out facing the bulk head so 90 degrees less than the gsi, meaning the hose is wrong will a non aircon rad fit with the aircon allowing me to use the hose or do they do a differant kit for the sport with aircon?

anyone had same prob?

mike
Nova_mike

22nd Apr 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah just realised there is a differance in rad hoses between the c16xe and the x16xe, why the hell didnt they list that on the roose site? have to give them a call.
AlexW

23rd Apr 11 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C16 and X16 have the same top hose? Its just aircon to non-aircon? Thats what I thought anyway?

Can't be of any help though as I've never had to look into it lol
Jed D

23rd Apr 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it advertised for the sport?
Nova_mike

23rd Apr 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked in to it a little more and it is an aircon related differance your right.

na jedDy it was advertised for the gsi i just assumed they would be the same due to them not advitising another or a with or without aircon option, i will call them tuesday to see if they can help, or how i can get around it, if a non aircon rad will fit with the aircon that will be the way to go as a new one is dirt cheap, something like £40
Jed D

23rd Apr 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a non air con one for £25 brand new. not a gm part but does the job fine
Nova_mike

23rd Apr 11 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
i got a non air con one for £25 brand new. not a gm part but does the job fine

yeh i saw them on ebay for around that but with postage to guernsey comes to around £40 like you say not gm but meh will be fine just hope it fits with the aircon i know it say's it wont but i will pop down to the shed in the morning and see if it would or with little alteration so i can fit my hose.
Jed D

23rd Apr 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insnt there a switch above the fan switch on the bottom left of the rad for air con though? non air con rads dont have that mind

my car had air con at some point as the switch on the heater controls is there and theres a few loose conecters in the bay. perfectly fine without it now though
Nova_mike

23rd Apr 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm do you still have the condensor/air con rad? i may just order the rad and doctor it to fit it cant be that hard, as long as my new hose fits lol
Jed D

23rd Apr 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah pal, it was a non air con one fitted in a sorry state so the scrap man took it, otherwise you could of had it.
the car must of had a front end shunt before and it was previously replaced aswell,

personally cant see how you'd get that air con switch in above the fan switch on a non a/c rad as the flat area doesn't go as high up if you know what i mean

does nowhere sell just the top hose you need then you sell yours?
Nova_mike

23rd Apr 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i know what you mean as there would be nowhere to fit the switch and get a decent seal, i could of put a T in where the fan switch is, or relocated it.

but as you said i am going to see if they do a hose for model's with A/C first as that would be the best way to go they may even just swap it,
AlexW

23rd Apr 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't be easy fitting a non-aircon rad, And aircon wouldn't work with a non-aircon rad.

I'll leave it at that lol
Nova_mike

23rd Apr 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Won't be easy fitting a non-aircon rad, And aircon wouldn't work with a non-aircon rad.

I'll leave it at that lol

why would aircon not work with a non aircon rad? the aircon system has nothing to do with the cooling system radiator?? only thing i can see being a problem is fitment of the rad and then fitting the condenser to the rad but hence checking it tomorrow to see if it would be possible if an alternative hose is not possibale.
AlexW

23rd Apr 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The aircon needs two coolant switches, non-aircon rads only have one hole and thus only one switch. Plus you would have No chance of fitting it all in.
Nova_mike

23rd Apr 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah fair enough this is exactly what i was after, as i was not sure if it was just the top rad hose connection that was different and i could of just used the other rad as you know as well as i do sometimes the differances are that minimal, if it was only the second switch i am sure i could of adapted the non aircon rad to fit but if there are other fitting complications i wont bother investigating any further an ill just sort out another top hose.

regards mike
AlexW

23rd Apr 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, Deffo easier to sort a different top hose than to muck about with rads.
Nova_mike

23rd Apr 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as mentioned earlier then will be on the phone to roose tuesday to see if they can sort something out. cheers for your help mate

mike

New Poll