corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » New House Woo Hoo *Garage Painted, Page 2*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New House Woo Hoo *Garage Painted, Page 2*
Colin

User status: Offline
29th Apr 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you paint the floor with?? Need to do mine it looks good!!
Ben G

30th Apr 10 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats how i envisage my garage to look very nice.
JohnnyR

30th Apr 10 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
What did you paint the floor with?? Need to do mine it looks good!!

http://www.crowntrade.co.uk/Products/HighPerformance/Pages/FastDryingConcreteFloorPaint.aspx

Used just over a third of the tin with two coats, first coat was watered down with 10%ish of white spirit. Shouldn't need another coat now, so I'll save the rest for when ever it needs redoing.
a_j_mair

30th Apr 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

garage looks really good
dannymccann

30th Apr 10 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that garage floor
Bart

2nd May 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice and neat.

Silly question, but is there an actual skirting around the garage floor, or did you paint a black line?

Is it gloss or special concrete paint again?
JohnnyR

2nd May 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I painted a small roller width around the edge to make it look a bit neater as it might have looked a bit wonky had I gone all the way to the floor with white. It's grey paint by the way, not sure if that comes across so well in the photos.

Special concrete paint...
http://www.crowntrade.co.uk/Products/HighPerformance/Pages/FastDryingConcreteFloorPaint.aspx
dannymccann

3rd May 10 at 05:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyR
I painted a small roller width around the edge to make it look a bit neater as it might have looked a bit wonky had I gone all the way to the floor with white. It's grey paint by the way, not sure if that comes across so well in the photos.

I agree, would look silly white hitting grey at a right angle. And it probably does look different in the pictures, it almost looks glossy and black (almost marble) like a showroom floor
JohnnyR

24th May 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked this weekend to do a bit of painting and just my luck it's 25+ degrees outside Anyway, only weekend we're going to have free for the next few weeks so it had to be done...

Before

Doesn't look all bad to start with, just 1 coat of new build magnolia, but it had taken a few knocks what with moving furniture around and we wanted to put our own 'stamp' on it if you like.

We still wanted it to be quite light and fresh, so we opted for a similar colour to whats on, for the stairway and then a green for the main part of the hallway.

We went for 'Teresas Green' by Farrow & Ball and 'Creamware' from Laura Ashley.

Very pleased with how it's turned out, especially with the sunshine, seems to carry the light really well and fills the hallway with light.

If you're wondering what the masking tape on the floor is for, we've been eyeing up console tables on ebay and I measured out the dimensions to give us an idea on how it would fit. Will probably put a mirror above that and then some pictures going up the stairs and then somewhere to put our shoes!

The one thing thats irritating me now is the RCD box, could do with a cabinet of some sort, cut the back out and fix it over, then put some hooks on underneath for coats, if that makes sense...

I've got a bit more to do at the top of the stairs tonight, so will post another picture when that's done and then once we've got some furniture sorted!

That's 1 floor done!
N16K

24th May 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

garage looks well smart, will have to think seriously about doing that with mine, once I remove all the crap in it!
Bart

1st May 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

currently looking at my garage now and have taken a few ideas from these posts.

Im mainly after storage for my Scuba/Spear fishing equipment, so alot of little items along with dozens of wetsuits, drysuits, spear suits etc.

I came accross this originally aimed for bikers and really love the storage idea.

I was going to go down the ikea cupboards and wardrobes idea until I found these, I think they look so much better:

They also do a stand up one, but I dont think I want that:

Thoughts/opinions?
John

1st May 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much it costs. Just looks like shelves.
Bart

1st May 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

varies between £50-£89

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll