corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » stripped out corsa with single rear seat

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stripped out corsa with single rear seat
corsa987

User status: Offline
4th May 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be possible to strip out a corsa for a cage, but somehhow have a third seat placed in the middle of the rear bench
I was thinking along the lines of a go kart type seat... bolted to the floor and a seat belt fitted

Where would you stand when it comes to m-o-t insurance etc
sc0ott

4th May 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the seat and belts before mot and stick them back in afterwards?
Jed D

4th May 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always wondered this too, guessing you got a kid yeah?
Matty SRi

4th May 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i used to live in Ireland, there was a clio going around that had 1 bucket seat in the back in the middle, but it was surrounded with speakers and subs and stuff, so a bit like a tunnel not a roll cage or anything.
It was NCT'd (MOT) so obviously wasnt a problem.... But i dont know what it is like over here
Eck
Premium Member

4th May 11 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
remove the seat and belts before mot and stick them back in afterwards?
DannyB
Premium Member

4th May 11 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there's no standard seat belts then there can't be seats, if there's seats then there has to be belts.

Get a proper bracket made up and install a harness via eyelets welded to a strengthened bit of floor.
davieslim

4th May 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be a yellow passat that used to go to strathclyde park with 4 bucket seats lol
sc0ott

4th May 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
When i used to live in Ireland, there was a clio going around that had 1 bucket seat in the back in the middle, but it was surrounded with speakers and subs and stuff, so a bit like a tunnel not a roll cage or anything.
It was NCT'd (MOT) so obviously wasnt a problem.... But i dont know what it is like over here

how did the guy reach the pedals / steering wheel / gear cock etc?
corsa987

4th May 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have seen the gokart type seats than can be bolted to the floor. easy to do if you take the fuel tank off, just wanted to know where i stand on the legal and mot side of things.. it will have a harness if i go ahead with it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » stripped out corsa with single rear seat 23 database queries in 0.0063610 seconds