corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » starter motor problem?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author starter motor problem?
roberts9801

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starter motor on my corsa x16xe is just spinning and not turning the engine over,it works fine when testing it on the bench,solinoid kicks out as it should and everything seems ok,when i re-fit it it just spins like its not engaging the flywheel.anyone got any ideas as to what is the problem with the damn thing please?
AlexW

3rd Jun 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you had it off did you clean up the earth?

Could be the solenoid hasn't got enough power to push onto the flywheel. Perhaps try giving it a knock when its fitted to the car.
roberts9801

3rd Jun 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i cleaned up all the contacts and took it all apart and cleaned the solonoid piston?
Edges 58

3rd Jun 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be the bearing, makin it not engage with the flywheel
roberts9801

3rd Jun 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking somewhere along the lines of a bearing as the shaft seems slightly loose.i have bought a 2nd hand starter off ebay now so will see what happens when i fit that one
roberts9801

4th Jun 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted new srarter motor today and its sill doing the same thing.turns out to be the starter ring has become loose on the flywheel.this means damn gearbox has to come off again.only had it off 2 weeks ago when replacing clutch after it totally burnt out at the last autotest meeting.

New Poll