corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » conversion price?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author conversion price?
NeilGSI

User status: Offline
8th Jun 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was wondering would anyone have a rough price to convert a 14 sport to either a redtop or redtop turbo

for the likes of buying:

engine
gearbox
shafts
mounts
loom
ecu
stripping rebuilding engine
exhaust
front suspension

any sort a rough guidelines to how much i would need to do this

any advice appreciated
tom130691
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

including rebuilding i would say anywere between 1-2k depending on howmuch work you did yourself
N90ATH

8th Jun 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well engine and gear box would be any were up to 500-600 dependig on spec and condition. And u shouldget loom and ecu with that
Conversion kit of eBay about 380 that come with mounts hubs shafts etc everything u need.
Rebuilding depends on were u get parts and how much o a rebuild u do but 100 for basic overhaul to couple of grand for major rebuild with forge parts
Brakes depends what u use 2ltr or v6 from scrappy 30 quid then price of new disks and pads or brand new kit from LNG or some were 100-300 or 4 pots or better looking 300+ depending on new or used etc.
Exhaust u can use any standard manifold for red top or 4 branch aftermarket then u can by link pipe of eBay to connect to standard Corsa system or go custom so 100+ dependig what u decide
Then fitting nothing if u do it all urself or around 600 most places/ppl charge
N90ATH

8th Jun 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And as Tom said about 1-2k to do it but alldepends on what parts u use and spec u decide to go and then how much u can do urself
Kieran
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My redtop that I did all my self and a mate. Had bought the lump and convertion bits as a package, rebuilt it an was about over 1.5k. I wanted it done properly so didn't skimp.
NeilGSI

8th Jun 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i would be doing all the rebuilding and bits myself only bit i wouldnt do it welding as havent much experience in it lol

thanks guys help appreciated
Twitch

8th Jun 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you best bet is to try finding a buying a cav etc that is running but with major shell damage etc. you can pick them up anything from £50-£250. will save you a fair bit but then you'll need to drop engine out etc. on a plus tho you will have parts to sell and break from a cav plus scrap for shell so could make it all back ( means free engine )

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » conversion price? 23 database queries in 0.0134668 seconds