corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personalised plates question removing one

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Personalised plates question removing one
Matt L

User status: Offline
8th Jun 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a pita they are

basicalyl got the form and parents will be going over to Chester office for me tomorrow to hand it in... now apparently after calling them it could still take 7-10 days to swap it over is this the case?

id of thought it was instant as when i put the personalised plate on the car in the first place it went on the same day that they were in chester so would of thought it was the same way the other way round.

Supposed to be part-ex'ing the car on friday but obviously if its not going to be on the original plate then i cant
Nismo

8th Jun 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will take a week or so for the V5 to come back, the MOT and Tax is done there and then.

I expect the place your part ex'ing wont do it without the V5 so you will just have to wait.
nathy_87

8th Jun 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell I cant remember and I only didi it last December. They say 7-10 days to cover themselves. They don't rush these things unfortuantly.
Matt L

8th Jun 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i still have the v5 from when it was on its original plate so could i not just use that one?
John

8th Jun 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was about 2 weeks when I done it a month ago.

They change it all the time.
nathy_87

8th Jun 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope. They they will send it off to the new owner of the car.

[Edited on 08-06-2011 by nathy_87]
Fro

8th Jun 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They dont send anything to a new owner.

you apply to remove it.

takes 7-10 days for the confirmationa nd new tax disc and mot then you can put old plates on.

then you need to wait up to another 14 days for the retention doc and the V5.

just done it with the BM, took 3 weeks for the log book this time.

Matt when i part ex'd the golf for the 350 Nissan took the golf as part ex and then i sent them the log book when i got it.
Fro

8th Jun 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
well i still have the v5 from when it was on its original plate so could i not just use that one?

Wont be a vlid document with the DVLA anymore. when the garage sends off it will get rejected.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I part-ex'd a car with a private plate on and the garage just dealt with all the shit for me and I got the paper work through the post a few weeks later. That not an option?
Matt L

8th Jun 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spoke to the garage and basically i just need to put it on retention which is what i was planning on doing and then go in with all the docs when they arrive got to put a £250 deposit down to just incase i dont go back in with the new v5 otherwise they cant do anything with the car for about 4months while they get one them selves

joy of joys, not to self remove plate well in advance next time round.

[Edited on 08-06-2011 by Matt L]
Jambo

8th Jun 11 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the wait that's the pita. Can understand the admin side, but if I'm paying £125 for the priviledge of a peice of paper I would at least expect it done in a timely manner and to be sent recorded delivery and with the MOT still in the envelope!
Fro

8th Jun 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very long process done it too many times . quickest time was just under two weeks. longest is 3.

agree they should do it recorded, although if anthing doesnt arrive they will re issue for free but it delays you more

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personalised plates question removing one 23 database queries in 0.1744480 seconds