corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20LET - Dump valve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET - Dump valve
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jun 11 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, ive got a bailey dump valve fitted on my c20let. Its plumbed in as should iirc witht he vac running off the top and 'Tee'd' into the vac for the fpr, can anyone confirm that this is correct?

only it seems to be constantly open when on idle and when you give it a few revs, when the vac is removed the valve closes.

the stansard re-circ is blocked

any help appreciated

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idling should be open then when throttle applied it closes to hold boost?
Danny W
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, makes sense. dump valve doesnt close unless vac is removed or engine is switched off though im not sure why

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on youtube and search Bailey dump valve. You can watch how theirs operate, etc.

When you say you're not sure, which bit exactly aren't you sure on mate?

[Edited on 08-06-2011 by loafofbrett]
Danny W
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i mean is it doesnt seem to be working as should as dosnt close. unless the vac pipe is removed.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it the right dump valve? I remember a mate telling me he bought one that wouldn't close and it turned out the spring in it was too stiff for the LETs vacuum. I'm a bit baffled about it closing when you disconnect the vac pipe, aren't they usually permanently open until the vac closes it when revved?
Danny W
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it should be the correct one, bailey twin piston. Yeah thats what it should be doing but it doesnt close when reved, only when engine is off or the vac pipe is removed, i cant figure why. But because its constantly open when reving/Underload surely this cant be good for the turbo/boost pressure.

have i Tee'd into the correct pipe?
or is there another reason for it to be doing this? apart from a duff dump valve?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sussed it, was a boost leak up near the tophat

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

New Poll