corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car advice!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car advice!
Norcy91

User status: Offline
9th Jun 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen a rather nice Clio 197 that i'm interested in, all seems good. 18.5k miles on the clock, 06 plate, really nice blue, full service history, just had 4 new Yoko's put on, and seems a good price compared to others.

Was planning on going to look at it after work tomorrow and most likely test drive it and get some finance quotes through. But i couldn't be patient and went to look at it quickly tonight. This is when i noticed some dodgy paintwork on the front bumper and passenger wing. Would this put you off if it's not recorded as damaged? Seems strange that only part of the front bumper was painted, so that couldn't have been damaged as it's plastic and would no doubt smash to bits in a crash?

So yeah, whats everyones opinion on it? Says it's been HPI checked, but i'm going to do a cheapo one now to see if it comes up with anything
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be asking the garage to get the damaged areas resprayed before you buy it, otherwise just tell them you're not interested.
Norcy91

9th Jun 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, they weren't open when i went tonight so didn't speak to anyone about it. Theres an 'Accident Repair Centre' right next door to them, think they might be the culprits of the dodgy work
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're entitled to ask for the repairs, you'll be spending a lot of money so it's only right that it's in the best condition it can be. Don't be afraid to tell the garage that you'd like it done either.
Norcy91

9th Jun 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the paintworks not my main concern, just that with it all being on the corner of the car, if it has had an accident then what might be bent etc. But i suppose i'll have to sort all that tomorrow

Cheers for the help though Danny
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll be plastic anyway so may have just scraped against something, doubt there will be any more serious damage, it doesn't take a lot to crack them in a collision. Best thing to do would be to raise your concerns with the condition of the paintwork and just ask for it to be resprayed
Dave

9th Jun 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's probably had a car park slight scrape and a smart repair. If it's bothering you walk away, there will be plenty about.
Norcy91

9th Jun 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres not that many too close to me at that price, with such low miles and the same colour. But yeah, i'll go down tomorrow and talk to them about it, i wouldn't have noticed it if they hadn't got some paint on a bit of the black plastic and hadn't just masking taped a line down the middle of the bumper....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car advice! 23 database queries in 0.0254419 seconds