corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Top strut bearings

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Top strut bearings
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jun 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these (along with the top mounts) easy/quick to replace?

The Cougar needs a new OSF bearing and mount to cure the creaky wooden boat noises it makes from there, just wanted to know how long it would take for a mechanic to sort out.

Also, I've seen they cost about £20 on eBay for the kits (aftermarket ones) - would Ford main dealer ones be more expensive than this do you reckon?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top mount will cost you in the region of 40 from ford and the bearing in the region of 7 quid

about an hours labour
3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if every car is the same but the corrado eats cheaps top mounts for breakfast, especially with coilovers, i only get genuine ones.

not too hard to fit, have always done mine with shocks off as replaced them at same time

Sam
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Steve, Jim.

We haven't got a choice but to get it done at a garage due to our sloping driveway (although in our new house we'll have a flat driveway ) so will probably get Ford to do it (or a garage and use Ford parts).

My other half was worried that it would cost a fortune to do as we've had the lower arms changed recently... V6 Cougar uses ST200 lower arms = £300 Ford only parts.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the parts from fordpartsuk.com take them to your local 3rd party garage to fit
Sam
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just phoned Ford - £65.80 + VAT for the mounts and bearings.

Will try and get them to reduce the price though as in their words they are "hungry for the business".
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fordpartsuk
Jake

9th Jun 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.com
Sam
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah gonna check it out. I can normally get the dealer down on price providing I can prove the parts elsewhere are genuine Ford items and I can show them the prices etc.

Normally do this with a eBay seller called Paynes (based in Leicester I think) they are a Ford main dealer but they tend to sell their parts at 10% off retail.

Might ask them as well actually, anything they don't have in their eBay shop they will always get me a price for and stick the item up for sale too.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Top strut bearings 23 database queries in 0.0102179 seconds