corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What do I need to increase the size of MTB disc?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What do I need to increase the size of MTB disc?
Claire

User status: Offline
9th Jun 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have shimano hydraulic brakes with (I think) 160 mm disc front and rear. I want to increase the front disc to 203 mm. Can I do this using the same caliper with a different mount? If so, does anyone have any links to sites where I could buy such a mount?

Thanks
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wilwood 6 pots fit on there?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just replace the mount that goes between the caliper and chassis/fork leg mounting.

Chain reaction cycles or leisure lakes would probably be able to sort that for you.

Been a good few years since i had an MTB though.
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer you can get adaptors like +20 etc to increase the disk size, have a shop around online. What brakes out of interest? Might be better to upgrade as bigger isnt always better

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
adiohead

9th Jun 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you like a brembo caliper? It just needs new piston things
flybikeslee

10th Jun 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a man

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What do I need to increase the size of MTB disc? 24 database queries in 0.0065961 seconds