corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa Conversion/Over haul *UPDATED 13/6/11* Fully rebuilt,lightened flywheel,MEGAJOLT Management

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Corsa Conversion/Over haul *UPDATED 13/6/11* Fully rebuilt,lightened flywheel,MEGAJOLT Management
lee303

User status: Offline
17th Jun 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice car, but i have to say those rear cage brackets look like they would just fold over or rip off the inner arch in a roll to me, i would want to box them up, strengthen the arch below them and tie them back to the shell, and maybe a brace between them
Jack1.6valver

17th Jun 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your right they probably would,but i dont plan on rolling it tbh and if i do i dont think i'd be worried about the rear arches ripping.The front and mid are plated and supported properly,i'd imagine they'd take the biggest beating in a roll. Like i mentioned before,should have done them properly at the time but i rushed it and fitted the brackets single handedly which was a challenge itself. Being a welder/fabricater,beleive me,i'm ashamed of them! Could be worse,could be a show cage!
lee303

17th Jun 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up to you of course, but i wouldn't want to be relying on hoping it lands on the front if i did roll!!
mike56gte

17th Jun 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
them is some mental looking rear brackets

thats when jack was a mere aprentice at castle street cowboys but word on the street is hes now running the joint!
Jack1.6valver

18th Jun 10 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

castle street cowboys done them when i was at the croach actually. Next time i weld your car mike,im leaving it to go on fire! ha!
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell mate that is really nice, never seen this thread before.
Jack1.6valver

30th Aug 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers danny,i've neglected it the last few months but after geting the new sump and wishing my car was at the rolling road on saterday i decided to get my finger out again while the weathers half decent. Took the exhaust and sump guard off tonight and old sump in order to fit the new sump. Ordering arps tonight and will chuck them in before it bolt the arse back on it. Also gona get the exhaust fitting perfect too while its off as it sits low and get the new fuel lines,pump and regulater on this week /weekend.Its not goin on the road till after winter now anyway but cant be arse working on it during the cold winter getting it ready for the next rr day so going to blitz it now. Will take a couple of pics if can get the birds camera to take a charge and get this thread up and running again.
Jack1.6valver

1st Sep 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The arp's and gaskets arrived today,put them on along with a spanking clean sump. almost forgot to take pics so had to use my phone camera hence the shit quality and forgot to get a pic of the gleamin sump but fuck it,here they are!

Castle street customs back open for buisness

Here are the goods . . .

. . . . and here they are in place

[Edited on 01-09-2010 by Jack1.6valver]
mike56gte

1st Sep 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jack there is bolts missing from the packet! send them back rite now!

how much did the arp's cost ye?
Jack1.6valver

1st Sep 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha just go wap on or two in see what happens. . . . . aye like i said i forgot to take pics till i was half way through

£55.40 on the bay. . . . came 2 days later,forgot to do them before i put the engine in so thought i'd wap them in while i was changing the sump to stop what happened to your old engine happening
mike56gte

1st Sep 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont want that happening made a rite mess!still got a piece of the conrod sitting in ma door pocket
Jack1.6valver

14th Mar 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update and pics to come in the next week. Car should be on the road for TV on the 1st of march
Jack1.6valver

13th Jun 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an update. Engine has had a full rebuild and the carbs and megajolt management are being setup at the moment. Got some New brakes and morrettes painted too.

Couples of pics:

[Edited on 13-06-2011 by Jack1.6valver]
JaffaTB

13th Jun 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are those 280mm meriva discs mate
Jack1.6valver

13th Jun 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye and Calibra V6 calipers.
JaffaTB

13th Jun 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what I've got on mine, I got drilled and grooved ones though (mainly for looks though)

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa Conversion/Over haul *UPDATED 13/6/11* Fully rebuilt,lightened flywheel,MEGAJOLT Management 24 database queries in 0.0125771 seconds